Crashing when merging albums

Content you’re reporting an issue with

“Jerusalem” by Jordi Savall (amongst others).

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No.

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes, the album is identified.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local content.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Recently I’ve been ripping my SACD collection to end up with a set of DSD-files (both stereo and multi) in Roon. The process is very cool, and the resulting files deliver a very high sound quality, so no issues there. However, I have ended up with some multi-disc sets that are not properly identified as belonging to a single album. As an example, I’ve taken the album “Jerusalem” by Jordi Savall.

In the above screenshot, you can see the two discs selected. For both discs, track and disc numbering is set correctly. However, if I select both, then select edit, and then Merge albums, Roon just crashes. This happens no matter what instance of the app (iPhone, iPad, MacOS) I use. The same happens with other improperly identified box sets from Savall, like “The Borgia Dynasty”.

Would love to receive any information on what I could do here. Many thanks.

I suspect that you are not following Roon’s guidelines for dealing with box sets.

I always go with the method of naming the subfolders for each disc as CD1, CD2, … CDn, and this works for me:

He Geoff, thank you for your reply. I’m literally following the guidelines in selecting several discs, editing, and merging. It’s the part below “fixing errors” in the link you posted (which I had read).

Yes, but I don’t need to “Merge Discs” - Roon imports all the discs and assembles the boxset itself. There must be something different with the steps that you are following…

But I do. The sets were not properly ordered according to the guidelines, sure. But given that, one should still be able to fix it following the steps outlined. I’m reporting that when I try that, Roon crashes.

OK, then Roon Labs may need to take a look at your files. I frequently use Merge to merge new Podcast episodes into Podcast “albums”, and have never experienced any issue.

Anyone from Roon care to weigh in on this, please?

1 Like

Hi @Daan_Vreeswijk1 ,

Thanks for the report here. Can you please upload the affected files to the below link and let us know once uploaded so that we can test for the crash on our end?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

Is there any pattern to the crash with regard to music playback? Does the crash only occur when you merge with playback happening or does this not matter?

1 Like

Hi Noris,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have done some more testing with music playing or not. At first I thought that solved it, since the original albums now merged with no issues. However, another (similar) album is still crashing, no matter what combination of playback on/off or zones selected or not I tried. I uploaded the files which caused the new crash, together with a screen video of what’s happening. Hope you can advise.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Daan_Vreeswijk1 ,

I noticed that this thread may have erroneously closed without being solved, so I have re-opened the thread. Are you still seeing this issue, even in the lastest Roon builds, or have the crashes subsided?