Create backup hangs in state "preparing"

Hi,
With the latest Roon version Backup seems to hang in “prepare” phase.
KR. Edwin Slee

BTW how do I attache screenshots?

The Roon forum is a Discourse instance. This is an unofficial guide but it’s pretty good. The link should go to image help, the whole page is worth a read

When editing a post, click on the second image icon (tooltip upload), then select the image you require.
Alternatively on Windows / Macs an image can just be copy / pasted into the post.

Hey @Edwin_Slee,

Can you tell me the Version of Roon you were using when you experienced this? There was a backups issue on some machines that were running Build 904 that has been resolved in the latest build. Can you install the latest update, Build 913, and try again?

If you have still have problems ensure that there is space in the backup storage location. You can also try deleting one of your old backups and then see if the process is successful.

Please let us know if this helps.

Hi,

That info was all in the screenshots
BTW.
You can close the call. I solved it by rebooting the server again (I already did after the patch so the Roon-server could detect my squeezebox transporter)
Then Roon-server was able to bbackup.

KR. Edwin Slee

Hello again @Edwin_Slee,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.