Creating file tags for recording start & end dates [fixed in latest update]

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

I’ve been experimenting with Yate settings to see if I can successfully create metatags that will feed into the recording start & end dates provided in the Roon editing panel. (The reasoning being that should my database ever get fouled up, I won’t have to re-enter data if it’s in the metatags.)

I’ve managed to get the information to appear small above the track list (at the bottom of this screen shot:

But I haven’t managed to get it to become part of the string below the album title:

Unfortunately, in the first version, Roon is adding a day “1” to the date when only years & months are given in the metatags. Not a huge big deal but in an ideal world it wouldn’t do that.

I’m achieving the first result using RECORDINGSTARTDATE & RECORDINGENDDATE tags.

Does anyone know of any tags that would get the information into the boxes that show up larger underneath the album title?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Snowdog

I just wanted to update you that a fix for this was included in our latest build. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.