Credit card reissued; renewal not processed

My credit card had to be reissued some time ago so my automatic renewal didn’t occur normally.

I went into my email and I had an email from saying “don’t worry… you can go back to exactly where you left off, just RENEW HERE (link). Clicked on the link. Signed into my account with username and password.

NO RENEWAL LINK. Only a link for a 14 day trial. Clicked there. Entered new credit card. Now Roon finds NO audio devices. Roon SEEMS to be connected to my NAS properly and lists x numbers of tracks. Tried forcing rescan. NO ALBUMS. WTF?

Flagged @accounts for you.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number): Roon Server on MacMini (Late 2012) 2.5GHz Intel Core i5; Memory 16 GB running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3

Network Details : Ethernet - DLink Unmanaged Network switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.): Sonore Optical Module / Sonore Optical Rendu / PS Audio Directstream (USB)

How come you have two different identities on this forum?

Do you have two different Roon accounts, with one inactive?

Could that be the problem?

Bingo Slim Fishguttz. Pretty good guess for fish guts. I remember now that when my previous trial concluded, Roon wouldn’t take my email address and credit card saying it was associated with another account, so I had to create a second email address and THAT was the email address associated with the Roon account. Soooooo, I it seemed expedient to go in and simply CANCEL the trial I setup under the actual REAL current address, and sign in with the correct email address for which there WAS a renew option thank you very much. HOWEVER, so now, while I have my library back, NONE OF THE DOZEN OR SO endpoints/zones are anywhere to be found, and when I click on Manage Audio Devices there’s nothing there whatsoever except a heading that says “AUDIO.” When I go into setup, configure roon OS devices, I get a window with the room logo animated splash screen and “searching for devices” that searches but never finds anything. Should all my endpoints repopulate?

Hmm, the problem is that one account can’t be used to populate another account.

I think that’s what you are running into.

Tagging @support.

Actually I’m not trying to populate one account with the data of another. Rather…I completely eliminated the trial account by cancelling the trial, logging out of that account, logging back into the right account (with the secondary email address), then IN THE APP logging out then back in again with the secondary email address (the correct “renewal” address) and all seems nifty again except the zones, but restarting the CORE fixed all that, so I’m good to go. Thanks!

Hey @Paul_Hinson,

This is Rebeka with accounts. By reading this thread it looks like all got sorted out before we had a chance to reply.

Please, let me know if I missed anything or if I can help,
Rebeka

Thank you Rebeka. Yes its all sorted now. Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.