Crestron upcoming Database breaks Crestron Module [Fixed in November 2020]

There’s a new Crestron Database (200.xxx.xxx) that’s coming that uses an updated version of NewtonSoft which means once you update to that database it’s not backwards compatible to Simple Sharp modules compiled with older databases.

I was just running some tests and noticed the Rune Modules Build 8 throw a compile error when compiled with the new databases.

I think the Simple Sharp modules would need to be recompiled with the new databases in order to fix the compilation errors.

Hi @Andre_Bouchard,

Welcome to the forum! I’m seeing the latest Crestron db version as 90.00.004.00, released today, July 14th 2020. Where are you seeing a 200.XXX version? That seems to be quite a ways off from the latest stable release.

Crestron sent out a notice Monday about the new databases, saying they will be released in 2 weeks.

Crestron made available beta versions of the databases so that the DB’s could be tested against existing programs etc.

The revision numbers change so much because of their breaking nature.

Just wanted to give a heads up that the change was coming, I didn’t know how quick a response there would be.

Hi @Andre_Bouchard,

Thanks again for your report here. We have been able to reproduce this behavior in the QA lab and we are looking into re-compiling the modules against the new database. I know that the database release is out already, so apologies for the delay. I’ll keep you updated as I have more info, thanks!

Is there any update to this? I’ve had to update my database to 200 for various programs and now the ones with Roon i’m hosed.

Hi @Nathan_Durfee,

We’re still working on this one, there is a ticket with the dev team.
We hope to have some news to share soon!

Its really not hard at all to do. You open your module that uses NewtonSoft.Json 3.5, save as a new version and recompile with a newer crestron database. Hell I could do it for you if i had the source code, it literally takes a MAX or 10 minutes.

1 Like

I just had to make the move to the 200 database. When is this module being updated?

Just registered to see what the status is on this recompile?

We’re running VMs to support projects on the older databases, but we’re getting through the remaining S# modules manufacturer by manufacturer.

I have a number of systems with Roon and it would be great to get the updated DBs sorted.

Any news?

1 Like

@danny @dylan

Can we please get an update on this?
3 Months since @noris said you were looking at re-compiling the modules and nothings happened since!!!

Ive got a Crestron & Roon system that HAS to be working by Monday 16th and its not practical to downgrade to older Crestron software just for this project.

We specifically sell the Nucleus as it integrates with Crestron so well. This client already has 2 Nuclues + Crestron systems installed and another 2 happening soon. Would you like to explain to him why he’s spent £10k+ on the Nucleus units to get the Crestron integration that doesn’t work!

Sorry to be harsh but nobody but you can fix this and you’ve known for months… I need to know that you’re going to actively support a feature that you promote otherwise there’s no point us selling your equipment or software.

1 Like

Hi all, apologies for the wait on this!

We have an update that we just finished testing and will be releasing very shortly, within the next day or so. We’ll post here as soon as it is available.

It looks like an update is imminent, but if you’re really in a bind there’s a CSP that has the ability to update modules to fix the newtonsoft problem

I just received confirmation that the update is now live!

Please give it a try and let us know how things work.
Thanks again for the patience, everyone.

@dylan @danny @noris

Many thanks for the super quick response and solution.

It is appreciated!

2 Likes

sorry about that… it was just a brain fart… work was done, tested, just never pulled the trigger!

growing pains… we’ve been growing the team a lot, and project management fell by the wayside… but we have new resources here, so things are getting better…

again, sorry!

1 Like

Awesome - thank you - all seems to work so far.

VMs getting closer to retirement as we get through older modules!

1 Like

Has anybody actually got this working?

Not just compiling but actually working and stable on a deployed and active system?