Criticisms allowed?

Stop centring yourself.
This forum is rife with the same repeated questions and erroneous claims and assumptions that the staff and regulars have to wade though (which slows down support): Including ludicrous claims of free speech violations and censorship.

The vast majority of times (from what I’ve seen) when posts are moved it is to make browsing the forums less tedious and time consuming.
And more often than not these are posts that have already been addressed elsewhere that a simple use of the search function would reveal.

1 Like

You seem to be very quick at insulting. Are you a regular? That’s a great achievement to be a regular. That apparently entitles you to outrageous posts. Do not worry the forum will be available again very quickly only for regular guests.

It wasn’t arbitrary at all. I’m not sure why you would assume that. Also, I didn’t move them all, just a few. We have dozens of moderators that also delete/move/edit posts.

Posts get moved for a variety of reasons, but in this thread, it was to stay on-topic. If one or two go off-topic, it’s not a big deal, but if a bunch start piling up they usually get clumped up and moved.

For example, a bunch of posts about leaving Roon due to a price increase got moved into its own thread, as that was about leaving and not price increases or the notion of announcing it in advance so people could change their subscriptions at current pricing (all explained in the original post). But this didn’t happen until there were about 5-10 of these posts.

Your/Frank’s posts about free speech and criticism were moved after many flags from regular community members about being off-topic. I don’t like shushing criticism, but instead defending against it. It does create a lot of noise, and the entire idea of users crying “but, but, free speech!” is a really nasty topic. I am quick to make it clear that no expectations of free speech should be expected from public forums, especially ones not run by the US government.

As for the soapboxing statement, that’s lifted from our forum guidelines. It’s a pretty common thing amongst sites that use Discourse as forum software.

Again you continue to axe-grind (another term from the forum guidelines and from the Discourse software ecosystem). I gave you numerous counter-examples for opinions I don’t like that are still around and that are engaged with. In fact, I’m writing to you still!

Will you answer this question:

3 Likes

I just figured it out!

@Katharina_Kraft and @Peter_Hatzelmann are the same person!

oh boy… now that’s a forum violation if there ever was one.

Peter was recently suspended for violating forum rules, and he showed up as @Katharina_Kraft and started causing trouble.

5 Likes

No doubt, posting from the same public IP…?

2 Likes

Ha, I thought you got that when you asked what the relation was. Probably did.

For the love of whatever deity you pray to, suspend peter’s alter ego.

3 Likes

Hey, my kindling axe could do with a sharpen. Can you give me some advice on the best way to grind a really good edge?

2 Likes

Suspended.

I will unlist this thread since it serves no purpose but to create dissent on the forum.

4 Likes

I can’t keep up with all of these shenanigans. :wink:

Is that a technical term?

1 Like

:joy:

I love that line! It’s got a off-kilter ring to it. Much better than “cry foul”. The fact that it was used by “children” in South Park only makes it better.

1 Like

I can’t let that stand as it is: my original post doesn’t say in any word that I will leave roon because of the price increase. Nevertheless it will be moved to the thread “Leaving Roon after price increase”! Why? What was “off topic” about my thread?

Then I explain that the posts were not deleted… and that gets flagged and moved to another tread again? Where did I write anything about “free speech”?

I saw your post in the other thread and I didn’t move it. I’m trying to find out who did, but it looks like you said something about a translation error. I don’t know what that was. I do see that you said you were going to leave, but that came afterwards.

Or was that the translation error?

The mention of the translation error is still in the other thread, so whoever moved this did a bad job. It was a busy try to, things like this happen.

I did not respond to you original message because I thought the same thing that the responder to you did, which is " who does this kind of thing??"

I first wrote „I opted-out the lifetime licence“. This was an automatic translation from Deepl. As it was misleading, I edited it to „made a decision against liftime licence“. My comment to coltrane , that it was an translation issue, stayed in the old tread.

This is how your email came across to me: I renewed my subscription 3 weeks ago and the email says yes I can switch to Lifetime by 12/31/22 for $699. From 01.01.2023 it would be more expensive. My $ 119 is not credited to me as far as I know. Honestly: even my local energy supplier was more clever.

Lololol
I like how you also alluded to “edgelord”

1 Like

its the lack of partial refund you have a problem with?

Not necessarily: it’s more that you didn’t even bother to make an offer to long-time subscribers. Partial refund would have been one of many possibilities. Saying: 3 months free for all who have been with us since the beginning as loyalty bonus is another. 1 or 2 months for those who have been with the program for 5 years…

As I understood it is not your goal to have as many lifetimers as possible.