Cross network support

I have been trying to set up a VPN so that I can use roon when mobile … IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY … it is very technical and a bit beyond me it seems. is there anything in the pipeline so that you can connect roon remotely from say, a mobile network?

The devs have said that a mobile solution is on the future plans but no word on timing. I suspect that it will be further out as the next large update is centered around metadata according to them.

1 Like

I need similar support; however, my need first is strictly for Ethernet. My home network is build around several vlans, each connected to a firewall. I can’t use Roon except for 1 device until Roon has the ability to define the IP address for the Server/Core. Setup has an IP address, port number, etc. listed. The automatic find for the server/core should work fine if I could define the name/IP address manually. I have SqueezeServer (LMS) setup on one of the isolated networks and connect to it from devices on multiple other Vlans. At a minimum, Roon should be just as capable of supporting this. My Core/server is on a Qnap NAS. I really wanted to decommission my LMS server as it is on a dedicated windows client.

You can set an IP in the remotes as long as your network can forward the correct multicasts for discovery then it should work. It’s not in any settings you have to force it when it won’t connect by using the help option as in two steps it allows you to enter the cores IP. However if you have endpoints on different vlans don’t expect them to work.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do have multiple vlans throughout the house with the core on my NAS which itself is on a limited Vlan. All vlans flow through my standalone firewall. I can get Squeeze devices to work by specifying the server IP address. I’ll look at the remote to see what I can find. I have not spent much time with remote other than one PC and my android phone. I’ll search help/knowledge base again for network port and multicast settings.

I believe a simple solution could be to have fixed RoonCore IP address set in phone settings.
You can do that already now and it works, but every time you open the app there is this 5-8s delay as it first tries to find Core on the same subnet. But if you have the address fixed, you should be able to opt not to scan everytime…