Cubot r15 Android phone, brand new but no longer support Roon Remote?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Vortexbox Linux Server running Roon Core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT Hub outer, hard wired with switches. Android phone via wireless.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chord DAC from MicroRendu.

Description Of Issue
When I try to install Roon Remote on new Cubot R15 it says app is no longer supported???
Android 9 security patch level 5 March 2019 Kernel 4.9.117+
cubot build no cubot_r15_9031c_v12_20190530

Hi @Mike_Pearson

Sorry for the bad news, but it seems this phone is not meeting the minimum requirements and is therefore no longer supported.

FAQ: What Android devices can I use Roon with?

Roon can run on many Android devices that meet the following requirements:

• ARM or x86 based
  • Android 5.0 or higher
  • Supports OpenGL ES 3.0

Android devices that are at least 8 inches run the full Roon interface. Tablets smaller than 8 inches run an interface designed for smaller screens and phones.

We can’t test Roon on every Android device out there, so the following list shouldn’t be taken as an endorsement of any specific device’s support or performance.

For Reference: Cubot R15 – MT6580P – ARM Mali-400 MP2 – OpenGL ES 2.0 only :frowning_face:

Hi @Mike_Pearson,

BlackJack is correct — It looks like this device only supports OpenGL ES 2.0, which means that it is not supported as mentioned here:

You have our apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks for this feedback, sadly looking at the Cubot site directly, I was unable to find mention of OpenGL perfomance and whether ES 2.0 or 3.0. any way to find such specs? I shall have to replace this phone and dont want to make same mistake again.

Hi @Mike_Pearson,

If you can find the GPU that the device uses you can look up that GPU to find if it supports OpenGL ES 3.0. This is what I found for the device that you’re using now and it shows only 2.0 support:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.