Cue Sheet Support for CD WAV Image

I am testing a trial of Roon and am highly impressed with the features and amazed at the over-network sound quality.

Can you please add cue sheet support to Roon? Surely I am not the only user who has, over the years, ripped their compact disks as image wav files with associated cue sheets. The large wav file is subsequently converted to one large flac file. When I open my library in JRiver it associates the cue sheet of the rip with the large flac file and displays individual tracks that I am able to select and play. When I open the same file in Roon it displays as one large file with no ability to select individual tracks.

I have read that in light of gapless playback that cue sheets are considered obsolete. I beg to differ. I have found gapless playback to actually have audible gaps when moving from one track to another.

Second, it is suggested that the image file be broken in to individual tracks. When one has imaged thousands of CDs this is really not an option.

I would give you a solid A for software quality, but I’d give you an A+ by bringing along the older audiophiles who created their library with disc images as opposed to individual files.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Likelihood of supporting single audio file with embedded CUE sheets?