Current Android Tablets good for Roon

I am trying to remember what happened. I think that I had put a volume limitation onto the renderer (player), either in its own settings or in Roon – more likely the former (renderer’s settings). Roon when connected by USB could detect that and enforce it. When I changed the setting, Roon behaved as expected.

But that was several years ago, and my memory of the issue is pretty foggy.

Good luck!

In the Zone settings, did you look at Volume Limits?

To twist your question a little, historically there really hasn’t been a ‘good’ Android tablet. However, I have high hopes for the new Pixel tablet, but it isn’t cheap compared to the entry level iPad already mentioned, which is perfect for Roon.

1 Like

The Pixel devices seem to have some good qualities. I’ve always avoided them, though, as possibly more prone to Google’s tracking than other manufacturers’ models. Or are all Android models equal in that respect?

If you use the internet on any device you are going to be tracked via various means. The devices you use make little difference. My advice would be either stop worrying about it or stop using the internet. Oh, and stop using Roon of course as they track everything you listen to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes