Custom tags - Can I apply them to all albums that are grouped as different versions?

Question about custom tags:

A great deal of my albums are duplicates and grouped together. The most common case is when I own the album and I also added it to Qobuz, Tidal, or both.

I would like to be able to tag the whole group rather than each individually. Is this possible? Or is there a better way to tag this?

To be very specific, I have a custom tag called “Vinyl” which indicates I have that album on vinyl. Maybe there’s a better way to do this.

Additionally I would like to see the tag more prominently and not have to go to info, but I understand this can get messy.

Sort of, yes. But first you need to ungroup alternate versions… I don’t think this is straightforward now. Once you have done that, you can use the album view, select multiple albums, and then add to tag.

That’s a no-go… Grouping is something very useful to me and I have so many of those that going through these complex motions is something I don’t want to do. Thx for the suggestion.

In the past, I think there was a global option to switch between grouped and ungrouped… but maybe I imagined that.

Alternatively, from the Versions tab, use CTRL-A and then Add to tag from the ellipsis next to the play button.

You’re correct, there is such an option (something like “hide duplicates”).

I will try the select all method. Thx.

1 Like

That works perfectly. On the iPad I touch and hold any of the versions until they highlight, then select all the others, go to the top to the (…) and select Add Tag. Done! Thx.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.