Cuts start of track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core is a NUC7i3 running Rock Version 1.7 (build 511), library on internal SSD, 4700 albums on external HDD.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Core is wired to switch, Asus RT-AC66U router also wired to same switch.
Primary endpoint is running Windows 10, internet 150Mbit up 30Mbit down, also controlling through iPhone and iPad.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audio endpoint Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital USB connected directly to Core.

Description Of Issue
Missing 1-2 seconds of track when start playing local files via Pro-Ject DAC.
Playing Tidal tracks and via my Chromecast audio works fine.

I have tried changing the Resync Delay setting without any luck, it still cuts off the start of the track.

Hi @VidarDK,

What kind of local files are you playing? Does it happen for all local files? Does the format of the file matter?

Are you using any DSP settings with this Zone?

Hi’ @dylan,

I’m using the Deep Harmony extension and after I removed the Harmony Hub… from External Source Controls the problem disappeared :smiley::+1:

Hi @VidarDK,

Thanks for the additional information here! Just to confirm - were you using the extension to start playback as well or were you controlling Roon just through the Roon interface and just having the extension installed (and not in use) displayed this behavior?

Hi’ @noris ,

I was just controlling Roon through the Roon interface, the extension is still installed (and working) I have just removed it from External Source Controls.

Hi @VidarDK,

I have been discussing this behavior with the creator of Deep Harmony (@Adam_Goodfellow) and we have some further questions as to this behavior. Can I please ask that you to re-enable the External Source Control feature you disabled and let us know:

1. Does the behavior occur when playing tracks of the same sample/bit-rate as the current and upcoming track?

2. Are the tracks affected by this behavior all non-MQA?

3. Is the Pro-ject zone up-to-date on newest firmware?

4. Does the behavior occur for other zones or just on the Pro-ject zone with the External Source Controls active?

1. It only happens when starting a track, continuous playback works flawless.

2. All local files are affected flac, high res flac, mp3, m4a.

3. Yes

4. Just the Pro-ject zone.

The Harmony extension is still working even though I have removed my Harmony Hub from External Source Controls… :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.