D2 vs U1 Mini -Which One?

A 2-channel DAC with digital input only helps with stereo TV. For TV, my personal opinion is that you need an AV receiver anyway. Without it, you’re losing out on multichannel (5.1 or more) audio from movies, Netflix and other streaming video.

Certainly an AVR is the preferred route, if you want to have a 5.1 or greater setup. Looks like the Naim XS2 has a HT bypass function so it could be readily integrated into a dual function 2-channel and HT setup by adding an AVR and the center/surround/sub. This is how we have our setup and it works great. Some folks are perfectly happy with a soundbar. My suggestion to Chris of a cheap DAC will get him good sounding TV with little outlay or room disruption.

Ya for us we do not care about 5.1 or larger surround sound. I have been there done it and it wasn’t for me. We aren’t huge on movies and when we do watch them we don’t need the surround sound. I have 2 mini T Bryston speakers in this second system so if I get a Lumin D2 just for the 2 channel music and do streaming, then I just want the TV to be played through the mini T speakers having stereo sound. Good enough for us for TV and hockey games, etc.
So in reality like rockhound suggests, the best way is just to get a cheap dac for stereo sound from the TV. Or a sound bar which not a huge fan but an option.
If I get a sound bar I would not need the 2 channel stereo Dac correct?

You guys have been great help. Either this or simply another brand of streamer with Digital inputs.

I am using this system for 2 channel music. But at the end of the day I do not want to just use the volume from the actual TV.

If that’s all you need then I’d say a Topping D30 to take the TV sound to your integrated will do the job just nicely - better than a sound bar by far IMHO. Control the volume through your integrated.

Thanks a lot Rockhound.

Your awesome