DAC and two fingers

If you could have any of these DACS for free, along with the whiskey of your choice, which would it be?

Benchmark Media Systems DAC3 HGC
Chord Electronics DAVE
dCS Bartok
EMM Labs DV2
exaSound s88
HoloAudio May KTE
Okto dac8 Stereo
PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC
T+A DAC8 DSD
TOPPING D90
Weiss DAC502

:slight_smile:

Nice list. I’ll have the Bartók, please.

That – and a bottle of Macallan 25

Can I listen to them first please? Preferably before the whisky!

I have had chord and still have mojo so I know I like the chord sound. EMM and DCS I would love to hear.

There is always the risk that I will choose one then go audition a Nagra.

Then I will want to upgrade everything else.

Nope leave me alone, I’m abstaining, I’m a recovering audiophile!

I have the T+A 8 DSD, so I do not need one for free.
The T+A SDV3100 HV at the contrary would be more than welcome. He, I even would give my beloved 8 DSD in return :grin:
Dirk

1 Like

may I add to your list: Schiit Yggdrasil GS paired to Ragnarok2 to (Legacy Audio HD Studios) with Lagavulin 16 yo and NUB Habano cigar

I’ve had one of the Weiss DAC’s 501/502 on my mind for a while, so one of those and a bottle of Lot 40 single copper pot Canadian please. :heart_eyes:

If we save on the DAC, can we spend it on the whisky?

In which case, I’d have the bargain, exceptionally well-measuring and incredibly neutral Topping D90 plus a case of Tullibardine 1966 (not the World Cup edition, though)…

EDIT: Actually, I’ve just seen the current asking price - £2250 a bottle :hushed: The bottle I bought back in 2007 was £275. I also had the pleasure of a vertical tasting straight from the cask in the bonded warehouse… Sadly, distilleries aren’t allowed to do that anymore.

3 Likes

I have the Benchmark, but I’d gladly take the Baratok and a Macallan 18 :tumbler_glass:

Holo Audio May KTE and one of those whiskeys made from grapes in Armagnac thanks.