Daily Mixes not showing in build 806 [Recent issues resolved, Roon continuing to monitor and work on additional improvements]

I do have one minor complaint on daily mixes and maybe it’s just my setup somehow?

Some great mixes of late including some songs I really like.
So I click on that song which takes me to the album it is in.
It would be REALLY NICE if Roon told me if I already had that album in my library.

What happens is if I click the add button it just sits there spinning forever…as I have discovered because it’s ALREADY in my library.

First few times this occured I was like … WTH??

Just me or a bug or just case for a feature request?

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a clock/time zone/day issue in the software? Or maybe you are getting a 2 for 1 special.

2 Likes

Yes they must have heard me complain that I had too many good mixes to listen so sent me more of them :joy_cat:

1 Like

Running ROCK (which I never shut down) I discovered that if, on a WIN10 device, you leave a Roon control program open on the ‘Daily Mixes’ section across an update boundary and then, once that boundary has been crossed, open Roon’s Remote on an iOS device you will have 12 mixes to choose from; the day before’s mix on the WIN10 device and the current mix on the iOS device.

1 Like

All good here.
Did you not sacrifice a goat and a couple chickens to the gods of Roon?
Seemed to work ok here :innocent:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Daily Mixes appear on one Core but not another

3 consecutive days of very good mixes :partying_face:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Daily Mixes gone after TIDAL subscription change

Well I just noticed that the album that the song playing is from shows on bottom left of screen, at least on my PC and if it is not in my library it will say under it “add to library”
If already in my library it does not say that so I guess it does show me if in my library already …in a fashion.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because I’m on an iPad, but I don’t see “add to library” at the bottom left as you described regardless of whether or not the album is in my library.

If I click on the album cover at the lower left, the Now Playing screen comes up with the option to “add to library” whether or not the album is already in my library. :roll_eyes:

Unless there’s something I’m missing, I see nothing indicating whether or not what is playing is in my library or not.:frowning:

Nope.
Does not appear to have that option on the iPad, I just checked on mine and I do not see it either.
Nor on Android phone.

So looks like it is just there on my Win10 pc remote.
Will take a screenshot of it when I go back upstairs to the pc.

1 Like

Well of course, now I go to take screenshots it does not show like it did earlier…lol

But when I click on it it does only ask me to add to library if not already in.
See two screenshots where one says add to library because its not in my library and the second one says nothing as it already is in my library.

Still it could be better enacted I think!

Now I will have to go see if THAT is the same on the iPad!

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots.

It seems if I have the Qobuz album already in my library, the “add to library” option does not show on the Now Playing screen, just like in your example.

However, if the album in my library is a local copy, “add to library” shows up like it’s not in my library even though it appears Roon recognizes my local copy is the same album as the Qobuz copy. If I add the Qobuz copy to my library (so now I have a local and Qobuz copy), then “add to library” is no longer displayed.

Well that makes zero sense from a library point of view.
I think Roon should look at that as it does not seem right.

1 Like

Agreed. I could understand if my local copy was unidentified, but that’s not the case here.

I wonder if it’s somehow related to the fact that every track in the Daily Mix is from Qobuz even if I have the same in my local library (btw, Radio completely ignores my local library as well). In other words, track selection only comes from streaming sources, never from the local library.

1 Like

That actually sounds very likely.

Be nice if Roon could confirm that’s exactly how the Daily Mixes work.

I have no complaints about the Daily Mixes, but I wonder when Roon 1.8 is going to recommend Deep Purple to all of us. I know the algorithm wants to.

2 Likes

I still have no daily mixes, not once, not on any device (iMac, iPhone, iPad). Ive tried playing music all night, I’ve tried not playing anything at all for a couple, I’ve logged out & back in into tidal, I’ve restarted the server… nothing.

I seem to benefit from ‘double’ doses Daily Mixes as well, 2 days in a row now.

Opening Roon on my Android phone I get a new set of Daily Mixes presented.
Opnening Roon on a second control point (or stopping and restarting Roon on my phone , e.g. gives me another new set of Daily Mixes. This second set remains the same during the day.

Not really an issue for me, but I do not want to be guilty of hijacking somebody elses Daily Mixes.

Dirk

1 Like

Well I would just not talk to @Chrislayeruk at the moment then as it seems we are all having his mixes :wink:
Though sadly today I only have one set of them, You can’t really go wrong with these either

3 Likes