Daily Playlists pulling tracks from linked non-streaming Qobuz account (which are displayed as part of the Playlist but are then skipped during playback)

So I have to go to an external service to replicate what Roon should be doing for me?

I don’t consider Roon and the Daily Mixes functionality as a ‘Minimum Viable Product’, but something that needs to be completed properly and built as well as it can, to accommodate the requirements of all users.

If you want to accept unfinished product features delivered in software products, you are welcome to, but while the focus is on this code, it should be a very minor update - no more that a couple of lines of code, with a very easy to replicate test case.

Of course, if there was a Beta program, to faciliate a broader testing and hardening of the functionality ahead of release, it could of been picked up, pre-release.

No, you visit the service which you expect to use.
Roon is not your “shop window” for Qobuz obviously since Roon is providing a gui for Qobuz streaming services, not their download store.

But, i would not object if Qobuz DL Store was fronted by Roon along with download capabilities.
(Oh, Bluesound provided this for HDTracks some 4-5 years ago…)

This problem is also detailed here - Daily Playlists pulling tracks from linked non-streaming Qobuz account (which are displayed as part of the Playlist but are then skipped during playback)

Where others have seen the issue as well.

Hi @simon_pepper

At the moment, this is working as designed. When it comes to integrated services it is expected that the account should be in good standing for streaming and that content should be available for playback. We do note that `No stream formats are available in cases where we identify an account issue, but the current expectation is that this would be temporary and the account would return to good standing for streaming.

I’ll definitely pass along your feedback to the product team, but I can’t make any guarantees about changes that might be made here in the near future. If you’d like a “browsing only” experience, I’d recommend opening a #roon:feature-requests request for this.

Sorry - this is not a solution.
This is a fix - if you won’t mind keeping the ticket/issue open, until it is resolved correctly i.e. to the customer’s/user’s satisfaction.

Ah, you are assuming that everyone, every user will use the product in exactly the same way, under the same conditions, as per the whiteboards, wireframe diagrams, mockups and early POCs releases regarding a piece of functionality.

A good Product Manager and Product team, has think that way, but accept that this actually isn’t the case, and be able to accommodate the needs and use conditions of the actual market and how the product is used once it is released.
It’s called real-world use cases.

As long as the roon application allows (by design) the use of not-playable content any and every functionality should check in advance for the content availability and take that in consideration.

Exceptions handling is a fundamental thing in software, expecting things to always be as they should will only result in a lot of errors and troubles.

1 Like

Hi Dylan,

I am now getting Errors in my Library, as my Qobuz Account is set to “Diabled” to fix the issues with Daily Mixes trying to draw on an Qobuz Account that doesn’t provide a streaming service.

The playback of the Daily Mixes now works exclusively against Tidal, without any change, and the contents of the “New Releases for You” seems to be same, whether Qobuz is Disabled or Enabled.

So the fix to one problem has generated another with errors being reported elsewhere.

The use of the reported status flag returned from Qobuz should be a simple one to introduce, if it could be factored into a development cycle, while the team is still active in this area, getting the Daily Mixes delivered and working for all Roon users.