Danger, DSP Robinson!

As documented here:

I would not mind some feedback on this issue. Why did the change to DSP emphasize (and in the above case replace the text entry) sliders?

Last night I am using a touch tablet to control Roon like I often do and I want to change the leve (db) of an EQ setting. I click on DSP, I click on the band I want and then my thumb accidently touches a part of the screen - in this case I don’t even think it was on the Roon app itself (could be wrong). Whamo! My band gets shifted completely, a high shelf around 9000 hz down to 125 or so, instantly. If this had been gain and in the opposite direction my ears and/or my equipment could have been damaged.

Sliders are good for crude, inexact changes to things for which rough is “ok”. DSP is not like that…

1 Like

It happened to me too. The Roon team is aware and maybe they will consider a change.

Alec,

I was not aware the Roon team is aware. What makes you say that?

They are aware because they read the feedback on the forum, I also had sent them PM and it was acknowledged. They are thinking about improving 1.6 in a number of areas. Roon 1.6 had many new features, most of them are great (I am addicted to Roon Radio now), but some have to be polished/fixed based on users feedback. This is normal process. I am quite sure we’ll get a better PEQ at some stage.

By the way I agree with your statement "Sliders are good for crude, inexact changes to things for which rough is “ok”. DSP is not like that…"!

1 Like