Darko on Ethernet vs. WiFi

Not if you consider the last part of my post for added context:

" if anyone has a chance to speak to the designer/s of their own gear, they may find that while they know a heck of alot (to be able to make great sounding gear that we all love, using existing measurement gear) there’s still a lot they themselves don’t know or can’t explain… yet…"

But if you haven’t heard a difference does that mean the difference doesn’t exist? Someone else will not hear it? I’m not making claims, I’m only asking questions, respectfully.

Before the Darko video existed I posted this:

So you claim to hear no differences upstream of your DSP speakers but I claim I did - who is correct? I haven’t got a clue to be honest. We can only report what we observe and shake hands and head to the pub to share a beer hopefully :grin:

If/when the measurement gear becomes as sensitive as the ear/brain system one day, there may be a lot less arguing right?.. who am I kidding :grin:

But as I said I do like the discussion. On that…

Here you mention a ‘quieter PSU’ but are you only talking about Vdc output ripple?

What about leakage current measurements between the PSU’s and RF filtering differences between the PSU’s? Do these have an effect?

Are there truely RF immune DACs / analogue components out there? If so, which ones? And I’m not talking about the marketing material.

It may go deeper than just ‘quieter’…

How much someone cares about this is another issue. I know you like to discuss these things (since you posted the topic) and I do too but not everyone does and that’s ok.

I say all that as I’m enjoying the music (in case anyone asks) :grin:

1 Like