Database error. no songs. no playlists. no devices. no work

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Modem>Apple Extreme (as router and wifi unit)>modded Cisco switch
following plugged directly into switch
Melco N1A as music storage, fixed IP
Roon Nucleus
DCS Network bridge (see below)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
DCS Network Bridge connected via AES to
Kii Three

Description Of Issue
Usually control roon from a Mac Pro, but sometimes an MSI win 10 laptop or other IOS devices in the house. IOS on iphone crashes constantly, btw.

Launched roon last night and playlist showed tracks on my server unavailable. cycled NAS, made sure storage settings were current. even rescanned.

today, same thing, and just now launched roon and gave me “there is an issue loading the database.”

i have database backup on my NAS.

second time this has happened.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

no help received here.

i finally navigated to the nucleus through the browser, reset all settings, which produced an error, but at the next screen was able to reset the settings. then i launched roon, imported the latest backup (1.8, early march) and the backup produced the same database error screen. i then imported an older 1.7 backup which was successful.

not a fantastic experience, as this is the second time i’ve had the database get corrupted.

i did save the log files if roonies care to look.

Hey @andrew_campbell,

A big thank you to cover for so many things:

• choosing to report the issue when you ran into it
  • being extremely patient while we had a chance to reply
  • finding ways to resolve the issue yourself
  • finding a resolution
  • letting us know of it

And that’s just the beginning. Thank you!

I am sorry we weren’t around right at the moment when you needed us. We were, however, working on the community and trying to get around to every request as soon as possible. We would have hoped it was going to be much sooner.

I appreciate all the effort you put in! Thank you.

If you’d like our technical team to take a close look, could you please send a link to a shared dropbox file in a Private Message here, on community? Or attach the longs to an email at contact@roonlabs.com referencing this post?

Thanks in advance :pray:

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.