Database error on new Win10 install

New user here, testing Roon out as a possible replacement for JRiver. I set the trial up on my main computer to start with on which all the music is on an internal HDD (as opposed to my music computer on which all the music is on a NAS, automatically synchronised with my main computer). The computer runs Windows 10, 64 bit. It worked first time, but ever since I get the message ‘There was an issue loading your database’ which is what you’d call non-specific information - and certainly doesn’t guide me towards fixing the problem!

Hey @Graham_Thorburn – sorry for the trouble here. We can definitely look into this for you.

Would you mind sending me some logs for your install, so I can get a sense of the issue? Instructions are here.

Thanks!

Hi @Graham_Thorburn – just wanted to let you know that we were able to identify a bug in Roon that was preventing you from starting up here. That bug is now resolved for our next release :slight_smile:

You may need to manually update your Core to the new version once it goes live, keep an eye on our release notes section and try to update automatically first.

In the meantime, you can temporarily move your database aside (by renaming it to Roon_main or similar) and then launching the app again.

If you’re a new user and don’t have anything saved in your database you care about (like playlists you’ve created in Roon, edits you’ve made in Roon, etc) you can also just delete (or rename) the database and start fresh. In either case, information about finding your database is here.

Thanks for the report @Graham_Thorburn and sorry again for the trouble!