Database is not updated in real time

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP TS-873 / 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP Link AX11000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Gaming Router / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

When I add new music files, it used to be that database quickly updated in almost in real time and displayed the album on the player. It doesn’t do that anymore for some reason. I have to stop the core on server and restart it to see the update. Is there a setting to be changed for a real time DB update?

Hi @John_Lee3,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please confirm where the content is being stored? Is it on the QNAP itself?
What is the approximate size of your database (how many tracks are displayed in Overview)?

Thanks for the help. Database and Contents are all in QNAP. I have 2 volume in qnap and one volume is for roon database (which is internal m.2 ssd dedicated to roon database) and other volume is for general hdd drives that roon contents are stored in one of the folders. RoonServer folder size is 1.61GB. (13,006 tracks/ 770 albums). I used to see the new album cover appear as soon as I add music album folder in the music storage folder, but it stopped doing that about a month ago (been using roon for 6-7 months now). I have to stop the server and restart it in order to see the update.

1 Like

Hi @John_Lee3,

Thanks for those additional details.

We have a few similar reports to yours and we are looking into patterns to see what has changed here, I’ve added your report to the investigation ticket and if need more information, I’ll let you know.

Thanks for your patience while the investigation is underway, for the time being please perform a re-scan after adding new content.