Database issue after update

same issue here exactly

Hi @Chris_Vrountzos

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi Dylan,

I just started over with a new install. Lost my playlists, but not a bid deal. What is concerning is that this is the second time I’ve had to reinstall after doing an update. All of my backups did not work. 2 separate locations and 10 each as per the default selection. The backup would complete, then say a database update is required, then get the 'There was an issue loading your database’.

My setup is the following:

Intel NUC8I7BEH with 16 GB DDR4 RAM
M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB NVMe SSD
another internal 1Tb ssd for storage.(which is unused as I have NAS for music file storage)

The NUC is hardwired to a netgear nighthawk router with cat6 cable.

Also attached to the router is my QNAP TVS672xt. An 8 port switch connected to router feeds a SotM sMS200>(usb)Schiit Modi3 Multibit>Valhalla2 desktop setup. Another desktop stack is SMSL su-9 and SMSL sp200.

Getting roon up and running again is very simple. It is just trying to redo all the playlists is annoying and time consuming.

Thanks for any help

Thanks for the update, @Chris_Vrountzos.

We have more information about why corruption might happen here:

I definitely recommend giving that a read! Unfortunately, though, if none of your backups are working, starting fresh is going to be the best option.

As an aside, right now our team is working on some changes that will help our customers detect corruption when it’s happening. If you don’t mind, I’m hoping you could take two minutes to send us your corrupt database. That way our team can analyze the type of corruption and prevent similar cases in the future.

Here’s how you can help:

1. Follow the recovery steps above
  2. Zip up your Roon_OLD or RoonServer_OLD folder (right-click it and select “Compress…”):
  3. Sumbit the .zip file to us through our Database Corruption Issues portal

Your participation will go a long way in helping our team improve corruption detection, so we’d greatly appreciate your help. :pray:`

1 Like

Hey @Chris_Vrountzos,

We didn’t want to close this thread before hearing from you. While you might have continued the conversation in private, I wanted to follow up and see if there’s any update. Can we help?

Hello,

No everything is okay. I reinstalled and started building my playlists again. Hopefully this does not happen again. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.