Database not loading issue

Hi,

the same case after the last update (OS X Server), log files applied.

Regards

Hello @andrey_shifrin ------ Thank you again for your patience while our technical team has been looking into this issue for you.

I spoke with our team regarding their evaluation of the logs from your install. Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case they are seeing signs of low-level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.
We’ve found some errors in the logs that show that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups. If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately you will need to start with a fresh database.
Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for replay.
Unfortunately, I was try to made restore from the backups (several attempts), but after restore procedure I was saw the same picture.

Regards,
Andrey

Hello @andrey_shifrin,

There are a number of reasons that a Roon database can become corrupted, and this can include failing hard drives, as well as other environmental factors, like power loss, or sync programs tampering with the contents of the database. It’s extremely hard to know what might be at play here, but what this means is that when Roon reads the database back, the files are different from what was originally written to the drive, and the changes are significant enough that Roon cannot load the database properly.

Sometimes, database corruption can be “latent”, meaning that part of the database is corrupted, but the database can still load. Often this latent corruption is revealed when Roon updates to a new database format, as this process requires that every record in the database is accessed. This is likely the case here — The backup that you used to restore was made after the latent corruption existed.

This type of error is extremely rare for us, and generally the solution is to try using an even older backup if you have one in order to use a backup from before the corruption occurred.

You have our apologies again for the inconvenience here. If there’s anything else we can do for you here, or if you have any questions about the above, please let me know and we’ll do everything we can to get this resolved for you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.