Database on Dropbox: Roon won't refresh Dropbox folder view

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

SonicTransporter i5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not relevant

Description Of Issue

I have a fresh instal of Roon Core on a new SonicTransporter. I uploaded my Roon database (it and the core was on a Mac mini) to Dropbox and have tried to connect the backups folder but Roon can’t see the backup folder. I’ve restarted the SonicTransport, the control app, and still nothing there. I know its a refresh issue because I also deleted several folders on Dropbox to ensure I had room for the backups. Those folders are still showing when I try to find the backups within Roon . I also tried to point directly to the mini (actually a separate drive, attached to it) but couldn’t get Roon to resolve the SMB path.

thanks

Greg

Hi @Greg_Hill1,

When restoring backups, we recommend not using Dropbox for the restore process because the API can be quite slow for this process. It’s best to download the files locally and restore them that way.

You’ll need to make sure that the folder is appropriately set up for sharing, as noted here. Once the folder is properly shared over the network, you’ll want to follow these instructions to add the credentials.

It typically works best if you enter it as smb://[IP Address]/[FolderName]. Make sure you also include your Mac’s username + password.

Thanks. Solved with a backup on a usb drive.

1 Like

Hi @Greg_Hill1,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.