Day 15 Music Challenge!

OK Music Lovers! We’re half way there!

One of the notable things about this album is Daniel Lanois’ lush production that makes almost any system sound great. I considered a double header to show off his influence, but decided that I’d leave it at this one. However, if you’re curious and want to go down a bit of rabbit hole, try listening to Sarah McLachlan’s album Surfacing. You’ll find some pretty solid production similarities. And then put on some of her earlier albums (Solace or Fumbling Towards Ecstasy). Same great singing voice, but distinctly different (I think flatter) production.

In either case, have a listen to the Challenge and vote!

• Fantastic! (5 stars)
  • Meh…(3 stars)
  • Doesn’t do it for me (1 stars)

0 voters

As per usual, if you’ve missed Day 14, you can still vote here: Day 14

:sunglasses:

Not in Tidal in the UK.

Really?! OK. If you can’t get access let me know. I’ll send you a link to download. Ged give me 30 mins

1 Like

Thanks very much but it’s ok I tried their other albums. Not for me. :slight_smile:

Ditto … :frowning:

OK, after trying a couple of options with Ged, I think I found a way to send it to you if you are in the UK and can’t listen. Let me know.

Martin, I already sent you a message.

Rick

1 Like

Odd. It’s showing in Tidal for me and I’m UK based…

Try just searching Blue Rodeo and then open up the album tab. That’s what I did…

Nope wasn’t in there either.

How bizarre!

14 albums in Qobuz (Belgium) but not this album
Dirk

I really liked this. Just enough edge to it whilst staying quite melodious and chilled. Will be checking more of the albums. Great choice :slight_smile:

OK, sorry guys, I had no idea there would be a difference in Tidal across the pond (or apparently in certain underprivileged areas of the UK :wink: )

I’ve been working on a solution. If you DM me your email address, I’ll share a link to the flac files in Dropbox. I opened up a special folder for just the album.

Sorry for the headache.

R

Sorry, but please pick another album of the same band if you want, but I am not willing to download the album.
Dirk

Fair enough.

Rick

I’d not heard of Blue Rodeo before and overall I really enjoyed this album. I enjoyed the Emmylou Harris cover and Sarah McLachlan’s vocal–at times reminding me of the partnership between Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan. My picks include 5 Days In May, What Is this Love and Head Over Heals.

Edit: I’ve since bought the album as it’s not available on TIDAL.

2 Likes