DB Backup to Mac broken. Incorrect “Disk is Full”

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus +1.7 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Internet > Apple AirPort Extreme > OpticalModule > Etherregen

Etherregen switch>
QNAP NAS
Nucleus +
Linn DSM

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Klimax DSM

Description Of Issue
I do three scheduled DB backups.

First one is to my NAS. This still works. The NAS and the Nucleus+ are connected by Ethernet via the switch.

The second two are to a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7. I believe this started well before the recent 10.15.7 update. Sometime in Early-mid September. Looks like the previous update was in late June.

The backups are from the Nucleus over WiFi to the Mac. One backup is to an external hard drive. The other is to the computers ICloud folder so I am actually getting a fourth backup.

Sometime a couple weeks ago, maybe less time, I noticed that the two backups to the Mac were failing with a ‘Disk is Full’ Error. Neither the laptop, iCloud or the external hard drive are anywhere near full.

Rebooting the Mac has not fixed the problem.

Was a change made to Roon that might cause this? I don’t think this coincided with a Mac software update - perhaps it did. With small children in the house my short term memory is gone :).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Hi @Michael_Faoro,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Backups tab? Does this tab display the error message and the time of failure for the backup?

Actually. I’m totally wrong. Last backup on 9/25. OS update on 9/26.

It was the update…

Any idea how to fix it?

Well, I do have the NAS backup. The backups on that Mac are also backed up to the cloud/offsite. This is very important to me since I have more hours of edits than I can count.

Re-adding the share is a possibility.

Michael

And I figured it out. The MacOS update must have changed my file sharing privileges (which is bloody annoying) so that Roon no longer had read/write access to the backup folders.

Not sure why Roon told me the backup folders were full. Perhaps that’s worth checking out as it wasn’t a useful error message and sent me on the wrong path.

Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.