dCS Network Bridge random disappearance

When streaming Roon to the dCS NB, quite frequently when when skipping tracks the dCS NB disappears from the list of devices and stop playing.

All other local and network devices remains, including Devialet Air, NB Airplay all present.

While that is happening, I can still access the NB via the dCS iPhone app, and play music from USB of uPNP.

Typically I have restart Roon and/or turn the NB off and back on to recognize the NB again.

Does this sound like a Roon problem or a dCS problem? Has anyone encountered that problem previously.

Hard to tell the root cause at this point. The bridge can occasionally have issues when quickly switching between tracks and a good solution to that has been to enable the resync delay in Roon (under audio device settings) and set it in the range of 500ms to 1000ms.

This could also be the result of any number of other issues on your network or in Roon itself. I’m going to move this over to the support forum and flag @support so that they take a closer look at your Roon configuration.

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @agentsmith!

First, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I’d like to echo @AMP’s suggestion above — try using resync delay and let us know if there is any change in behavior.

Are there any patterns that you’ve noticed in the behavior? Does this seem to happen when playing specific types of content?

Thanks!
Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.