DEAD in the Water. Cannot connect to library or streamer (Fix Coming)

Hi guys. I swear I’m not an idiot … : ) I have built my home theater from the ground up and have built computers in the past. So… Brief Summary

Equipment
Sonic Transporter i5
Samsung 500gb SSD connected to i5
Auralic Aries
CAT7 cable
Linksys AC 1900 router
Wadia i121 DSD DAC

Last night (as seen on my other thread) I could not stream DSD music or files upconverted to DSD

Now after trying many things and rebooting everything the Transporter will not load the music from the SSD nor can it see the Auralic Aries any longer.

The last thing I did before the big problem above was move the SSD from the Transporter to the Auralic. Roon saw the drive fine and imported the files. However the Analyzing stopped short of finishing… just got hung up… and since then Roon will not import the files from the SSD nor can it see the Auralic.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: SonicTransporter Storage Issues (Fix Coming)

Hi @Chris_Rent ----- Playing a bit of catch up, sorry for the slow response. As I am sure you can imagine it has been quite a busy day for us :microscope:

I would like to keep things together so we can properly address your issues and others with the same issues accordingly. With that being said I know you have posted about this issue on another thread. Would you mind if I went ahead and combined the two so we don’t try and troubleshoot the same behavior in two spots?

-Eric

that would be great, thanks

Hey Chris (@Chris_Rent) — Swear I don’t need anymore clarification about what’s going on :dizzy_face: lol

Ok, what I would like to do is grab some logs from you so I can have our developers take a closer look into what is going on here. May I kindly ask you to please zip up a set of logs from you Logs folder (they are in your Roon database folder) while you are in this state and upload them to Dropbox. Paste the Dropbox link in your reply here.

If you don’t have Dropbox or a place to upload them, just flag @support and we’ll let you know how to send them over to us.

-Eric

I will get right on it

Hey would Google Drive work?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2OK9lVar6KkRl9LbDVLUDZ3M2c

let’s try this

@Chris_Rent ---- Confirming that I have received the logs, thanks!

Based on your report you had moved the SSD from the ST i5 to the Aries at which point files began to import but then suddenly stopped and the system has hung up.

I know you had mentioned that you had power cycled the equipment previously when the SSD was mounted to the transporter, have you tried again since with the new configuration? Furthermore, have your tried removing and then re-adding the watch folders to see if there is any change in behavior?

-Eric

Yes to all of those. I have power cycled everything several more times.

• Unmounted the drive in the Transporter App, then remounted
  • Deleted the watched folders and tried adding again in Roon app
  • Deleted the Roon PC app and reinstalled

It’s clear to me that the linux update is very very buggy.

It is pretty much unusable for me.

Hopefully there will be an update soon for Linux as the sonictransporter is very unstable.

Also :

• Installed Core on a desktop PC and then disassociated the Transporter.
  • Pointed Roon to folder of music on a separate NAS Drive (not SSD)
  • Roon on the Desktop was able to load files from NAS but could not find the Auralic

Hi guys. I swear I’m not an idiot … : ) I have built my home theater from the ground up and have built computers in the past. So… Brief Summary

Equipment
Sonic Transporter i5
Samsung 500gb SSD connected to i5
Auralic Aries
CAT7 cable
Linksys AC 1900 router
Wadia i121 DSD DAC

Last night (as seen on my other thread) I could not stream DSD music or files upconverted to DSD

Now after trying many things and rebooting everything the Transporter will not load the music from the SSD nor can it see the Auralic Aries any longer.

The last thing I did before the big problem above was move the SSD from the Transporter to the Auralic. Roon saw the drive fine and imported the files. However the Analyzing stopped short of finishing… just got hung up… and since then Roon will not import the files from the SSD nor can it see the Auralic.