Dead Roon Nucleus?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus/ Serial: 54B2038CF2F1/ RoonOS 1.0 (build 175) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
The device is populating an onscreen error message stating the following…

“searching for network address…”

I have tried a variety of typed input commands on screen to either Default or network reset and nothing seems to be working.

Hi @Devin_Taetsch,

Can you send us a picture of the output when you connect the Nucleus to a TV or monitor via HDMI? Thanks!

I have tried the typical 30/30/30 reboot… I have tried typing on screen… I am unable to locate its Mac address on my network… It seems like the unit is just dead…

Have you tried a different port and cable to the router?

Yes, That was apart of my initial troubleshooting steps. The device is acting similar to as if it did not receive a complete update or is stuck in some sort of limbo. Ideally there is a command that can be typed to force a factory default.

Hi @Devin_Taetsch,

That screen looks like the Nucleus has booted up, which is a good sign, but is now waiting for network connection.

Can you please provide some details regarding your network setup? What is your router model/manufacturer? Do you have any firewalls on your router or a whitelist?

How do the Ethernet lights on the back of the Nucleus look like, are they flashing or completely powered off?

If you happen to have a USB -> Ethernet adapter, you can try to plug that into the Nucleus and see if the issue could be with the Ethernet port.

If I connect my laptop to the same exact port that the device is plugged into I am able to immediately establish a connection. I have changed the network feed to the device which does net resolve the issue. The devices ethernet port is showing an established connection on the backside verified by the lights…

Have you tried rebooting your network? May be an addressing issue in the router? Rebooting may force/help it to release and then re-assign the address?

Devin, it looks like you are getting an IP Address directly from your ISP rather than from your local router. (Most routers i have encountered distributes adresses in the 192.168.x.x range)
If your ISP has configured your router to bridge mode you might not be allowed more than one address. What is your router btw?

Addresses in the 10.x.x.x range are local addresses (and not distributed by ISPs).

I know they are private adresses. But they are not generally used by SOHO equipment.

I don’t think the OP specified, nor, has anyone asked what router and/or switch equipment is being used.

Hi @Devin_Taetsch,

As others have mentioned, this appears that you are connecting directly to your modem, do you have a router in this setup? You would want to connect the Nucleus to the router so it can get an IP address.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.