I’m looking for tips on debugging a problem I just recently started having, with RoonServer and an endpoint (a new micro rendu, that worked fine for the first week I had it). I have run Roon on this network without problem since initial release.
Here’s the situation:
- RoonServer is running on a CentOS-based DIY NAS (with server-class Avoton MB), which also holds the (small) music library.
- Roon remotes are running on a Windows PC, and an Android phone
- network simplified (for debugging) to NAS and endpoint both directly connected to the router (bypassing the switch I normally use)
- no problem playing music with the USB DAC (LH Labs Geek Out) connected directly to the USB output of the NAS
- no problem playing music with the same DAC connected directly to the Windows PC controller (so, where music files are served over the network from the NAS)
- but anytime I play to the micro rendu endpoint, music starts, then stops (within, say, five seconds), and connection lost
- I’ve rebooted everything, with no change.
- I have turned off background processing, etc., with no difference at all
- I have no other networking related problems I am aware of.
I’m at a loss on how to identify what the exact problem is. Any tips? I don’t see anything obvious in the RoonServer logs. Perhaps I need to do some sort of analysis of the NAS networking?
Might be related to this?