Decision support

Forgive me, I’m lost.

This is precisely why I suggest you use T2.

1 Like

Indeed I have a T2 into the H190 via XLR. This sounds significantly better than USB to the H190’s DAC (as it should as the T2 is $2k more than the H190). The DAC in the H390 is better than that in the H190, but I would still reckon that a T2 via XLR is going to sound better. IMHO the Hegel’s real strength is the amplification - the DAC/streamer in the Hegels is convenient but there is no question that the Lumin T2 is a seriously good piece of kit that seems to partner very well with Hegel amplification.

1 Like

Are you in the United States?

Theater Max is a great dealer whom I highly recommend, If I needed a streamer/player I would have bought it.

Hi, Im Spanish, thanks for the info. Do you use U1 mini?

How about INNUOS ZENith MK3 with h390?

How about Matrix Audio Element P?

I use Bryston BDP-2 and Sonore microRendu w/Ultradigital i2s. I have two of each - one for each system. The Lumins are well regarded, and if I needed a player they would definitely be on my short list. I have not owned one.

Hi Peter, it looks like I’m going to opt for the mini, I think for a start is enough for my needs. Why would you connect it? RCA or BNC? Best regards

If you have DSD128 music or above, use USB.

Otherwise, in order of preference AES > BNC > RCA > toslink (unless your DAC designer has a specific recommendation). USB needs to be compared against this group to see which sounds better.

Thanks Peter