Deezer integration coming to Roon?

Hi
Another vote for Deezer integration. I much prefer music selection vs Tidal, and since I stream to my many Sonos devices there should be no concern from Sonos.

Mark

“Another vote for Deezer integration. I much prefer music selection vs Tidal, and since I stream to my many Sonos devices there should be no concern from Sonos.”

Agreed 110%

“I think it’s quite a big effort to integrate into the software front end, though… looks to me like the structure would need to change fairly significantly.”
It should require minimal effort, if the roon labs development team wrote the core processes in modules using software development industry best practices. roon could expose services using REST APIs. If modular, then is it a simple matter of aligning services with the APIs.

Yet, the preceding would require strategic thinking and a software development roadmap with an ongoing software development lifecycle (SDLC).

You are suggesting that Roon dont have an strategic direction and no development roadmap? What is your basis for this claim?

Regarding integrations from what the Roon team have said in other threads the issue often lies on the side of the streaming platform. Since in most cases they do not natively expose a API rich enough to allow Roon to integrate in the way the product demands. In any case there would always be commercial and legal agreements to thrash out before any such integration could be implemented. It isnt all just about technical detail as you imply.

“You are suggesting that Roon dont have an strategic direction and no development roadmap? What is your basis for this claim”
Neither suggesting or implying anything. Respectfully, you inferred.
If roon labs has a roadmap, then it is not shared.

If a REST is exposed, then it is exposed without commercial or legal implications. A good example is www for media, or Twitter for java, etc.

If that is the case I think you should probably edit your post.

The point I made (and which has been made by Roon themselves) remains, the standard APIs are not always sufficient to intregrate as tightly as Roon demands. That being the case a commercial agreement and a private API are then required. This has also been discussed on another thread regarding the possiblity of an integration with Apple Music.

I would welcome any and all integrations that the Roon team are able to provide but it is disingenuous to suggest that it is all just a matter of software development.

Another vote for Deezer integration.

From me, too.

I wish this would happen I subscribe to Qobuz Studio but much prefer the Deezer service. Bigger library and I adore the FLOW feature. Please of please integrate Deezer and I would happily purchase a lifetime Deezer subscription (if it exists) to go with my existing Roon lifetime sub.

I don’t know if Flow would work within the Roon ecosystem.

Will Roon integrate Deezer streaming service ?

This has become my service of choice

Thanks

Roon will as long as Deezer will give them the access they need to do a full integration. This is more than the typical API. Roon have made this clear several times and so the ball is in Deezer’s court.

@philr: Why are you sure, that Deezer will not give roon full integration?
Following the link https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-50/roon-compatibility-843/index4.html, Deezer have never been contacted by Roon about an integration.

2 Likes

Wow . Just wow . This is a problem

Danny explains:

1 Like

Closing out this topic, as the other one is in the correct category. See above.

1 Like