Delay in progress bar update to next track with Roon version 1.8 (build 952)

Using Mac OS current version (Monterey 12.4) on Mac Studio and above-specified Roon Version. Have started noticing delays in the bottom track status bar that indicates time progress through a track. Some of these delays are > 15 s long. The music progresses nicely, just a lag in the track indicator and track time. Small beer, but there it is. Anyone else seeing this?

Note that this happens with both streaming and locally stored music. Streaming and locally stored music are coming through an Innuos Zenith SE, which I know is not fully Roon Ready and which also serves as my Roon Core.

Thank you

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ROON Controller is having problems [ticket in - Roon investigating]

I’ve noticed the same behavior following a reboot. It’s almost as if a cache is filling and needs to be flushed. Also have noticed that the play/stop indicator becomes unresponsive during the dead time. What Roon Version did you start seeing this behavior with? I’m not certain it wasn’t occurring with the previous Roon 1.8 build (943) as well.

Are you using a Roon Ready device for the core?

Thank you

On my system, it’s only started happening since the latest build (952).
My core is on a SGC sonicTransporter i5, so my Mac is acting purely as a remote (the core was on my Mac until I got the i5).

1 Like

Ah. Build 952-related and probably not core-related. Wonder if the behavior is Mac specific. Any windows OS users seeing similar behavior?

Any comments from Roon developers, product support? As I said, small beer for now, but could indicate a vector for future vexations.

Thank you, Bauer, for sharing your experience. I thought it might be build 952-related, but wasn’t certain.

1 Like

Hopefully, the issue will be fixed with the next build, sometime soon…:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yep. Happening to me as well with my Mac Studio running macOS 12.4. Only fix is to restart Roon client. It’s also happening in my bedroom’s Windows PC. Roon Core is on a NUC 10i7FNHN running ROCK. This issue started after 952 update. Looks like it’s caused by memory leak according to Roon Staff as informed in another thread.

1 Like

Interesting to know it also happens with Windows OS and that Roon are aware of a memory leak, whatever that is in the nanocircuitry world. Thank you for the additional and helpful information.

Could you provide a pointer to the other thread you mentioned?

Thank you.

Here you go!!

Also on the 952 Feedback thread:

1 Like

Noticed this behaviour as well with the latest build when using my Macbook as a remote.

1 Like

This is something I used to see regularly on my iPad pro, when I turned it back on when music had been playing for a while.
It either used to reconnect to the core or it would animate along the timeline at 50x speed to get to the currently playing position. I have not noticed it in the recent builds before 952 for a while though.
But I have observed it on windows as well in this build

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you Enrico! Sounds like this thread should now move into the Build 952 Feedback thread. I, unfortunately, don’t know how to do this.

Thank you RBO and Michael. Further confirmation that this is not an isolated problem and seems OS-independent. Not sure how to bring this to Roon Support’s attention. I still put it in the minor problem category, since the music continues to play just fine, although I’ve run into situations where I lost the ability to stop the music with the bottom track status bar and had to quit the program to stop the music, in order to select a different recording. Restart and all’s well again.

1 Like

Nothing else you need to do Bill. You’ve posted in the right category and @support will pick this up.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you, RBO.

1 Like

Hey @bill_perkins,

Thank you for checking in with us about this, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having this issue as well. This is being tracked and investigated in the thread Enrico mentioned:

I’ve moved your report there to make it easier for you to see our updates. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a fix out soon.

3 Likes