Delayed new albums in Qobuz

I wonder why there is a several day delay before new albums in Qobuz are available in Roon. Latest example is Bob Dylans new album, available in Qobuz since March 27 and still not available in Roon as of March 28. In fact, on a detailed search the album turns up in Roon but without any tracks and no cover art.
Elling W. Jacobsen

3 Likes

Similar problem with Pearl Jam’s Gigaton album.

1 Like

From the roon knowledge base, same thing applied to Qobuz.

Why aren’t the latest albums on TIDAL available in Roon?

When you’re browsing TIDAL in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s TIDAL database, not a direct pass through of what’s shown on TIDAL – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind TIDAL when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff, and will show up in a day or two.

1 Like

It will be there when it gets there.

Thanks. However, I would suggest that when high profile albums are released, they should be fastracked. E.g. Billie Eilish’s most recent album and now the two new songs released by Abba.

Same issue for Qobuz and probably worse than Tidal. It’s been a month since anything updated for me. This is a killer feature if it worked! I guess Roon will fix when they fix it. If this is done manually by a human at Roon, it needs to be automated. :rofl:

Roon can’t fastrack what they are not given. Roon doesn’t use the API library call requests it requires Qobuz to give them updated database of releases if they don’t update it with these titles before it’s handed over not much Roon can do. Roon would not work as it does with standard API library calls, the trade off is these delays for some releases.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.