Delete duplicates

Do you have some mixed format albums? I think that’s what the AAC+ notation is indicating. Do those albums contain some mp3 tracks?

You’re absolutely right! Those albums that come up with this focus are mixes of AAC and mp3. So now what do I do? Is it possible to remove just the mp3 tracks? How about albums that are just labeled mp3 and have no AAC tracks within? Can they somehow be hidden/removed? Thanks. Mitch

If you select those odd mp3 tracks and 3 dots edit > hide them, the album is no longer considered a mixed format.
I think you should then be able to continue as you intended.

sorry,I´m german and don´t understand, can´t find the “duplicate”-button…

Hello @Matthias_Stuker, could you explain what you are trying to do please? I don’t want to confuse you by pointing to the wrong button.

Hi, I´m looking for a way, to check my complete HD for duplicates. looking for a scecial CD I can see the duplicates, but is there any chance for a list of hole HD?
THXIA
Matz

In Album browser, click on Focus. Go to extreme right of the new menu (click on little blue right arrow). Choose Inspector. Now choose Duplicates. Click outside to close.
You will now see all your duplicate albums.

If you wish, you can also select Focus > Format > MP3 (For example) to see only the MP3 versions of your duplicates.

You can set a bookmark for these focussed views so that you can return easily.

Right click on any album, and then left click on others to make a selection that you can edit via the Edit box that has appeared in the top right of the screen.

At this point, what you do is up to you. Be aware that if you choose to delete the albums, then they really are deleted off your hard drive. There is no undo!

An alternative is to Hide your selected albums and choose Settngs > General > Show Hidden Tracks and Albums to “No”. This way, you don’t normally see them, but they are still there if you change your mind.

1 Like

That´s it! TYVM!!

If you want to look at these in a spreadsheet you can Export a list to Excel.
In the Album screen hit Ctrl-A to select all. At the top of the screen select Export from the three dots drop down menu.

1 Like

Hi. I’m pretty new to Roon and some things make no sense. I tried to delete some duplicates and the MUSIC files deleted but all of the other data (pdf,jpg,etc) and the folder remained. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the Roon Community @Steven_Gladstone.
You aren’t doing anything wrong. Roon only deletes the music files. At least that is the same behavior I see as well.

Thanks for the info. It still leaves the question as to why not? I have have 2 friend who use roon but they primarily stream. Neither has a big library so they aren’t much help with thee kind of problems. I’ll be curious to see if my other questions get answered.

thanks for that !