Deleted album by accident! Help!

Well now both are gone and I don’t know how to get either one back :frowning:

I got the clean version back!!! But I guess there is no more explicit version? I had to switch to “tidal albums” and search instead of “Library albums”

ok, you were looking for the albums. That works. My screenshot above showed searching for the artist. Both ways work.

Glad you found it. Yes, the Explicit version seems to be removed.

Cheers, Greg

phllr stated:

"If it’s a local file on your own drive or NAS you will need to restore it from your own backup.

Are you telling us that Roon can delete the content I own on my own hard drive? Why would Roon have that ability? Roon loaded over one thousand albums into my Tidal MY COLLECTION and I have to delete these albums. Are you telling me that I can’t just delete all the albums in Roon without destroying my own music library that is worth thousands of dollars?

Yes, if you tell Roon to delete content it will delete the content. The removal process explicitly tells the user this and makes you check multiple boxes to show you understand before proceeding.

I would guess because users have requested it.

You should just remove the Tidal albums. If you have added collections by accident, they can be removed. Please take a look at this Knowledge Base FAQ.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_I_added_collections_from_Tidal%2C_how_do_remove_that_content%3F

2 Likes

See this for more discussion around deleting files.

greetings.

System:

I just purchased a Innuous Zenith III music server a week ago (12-14-2018). I believe this is s Linux based system, but cannot confirm.

I added Roon version 1.5 during set-up of the Zenith.

My DAC is a Chord Qutest.

the server has a CD ripper. I’ve been adding cds for a week, successfully, including some editing thru Roon.

the problem:

I deleted a CD set (Celebtration—4 disc set —Ravi Shankar). I thought I could simply re-install before trying complex edits to correct the install. And, in fact the server does re-install.

The problem is that Roon wont recognize anything about this set, nor the tracks nor the artist. I tried the search engine, hidden albums, updating the library to remove old data etc.

the question:

how can I get Roon to recognize my 4-disc set now that I reinstalled it on the music server?

Try moving the set out of your watched folder

Then go settings, library, clean up library

Now dro the set back into your watched folder

May work?

1 Like

How did you delete this set?

Hello @john_horn,

I would try moving the album out of you watched directory and then back in your watched directory as @Mike_O_Neill suggested. To have Roon preserve your edits, it’s always best to avoid Roon seeing two copies of the same album at the same time, please see our Documentation here regarding preserving edits. I would also make sure that the album does not show up under Skipped Files.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you all for your assistance.

Generally, Roon has been pretty spot-on. But, for “Celebration” I deliberately deleted the album through and from Roon because it was messed-up beyond my abilities to fix it. I then ripped the cds again. Roon wouldn’t recognize the new rip.

I resolved by ripping again, holding the the disc in a quarantine on my server, and then manually re-naming the Album “Ravi - Celebration” (which is what it says on the box) instead of “Celebration” (the catalogue title). I did this directly on the server; and only after editing (and getting album cover again) did I let the server save the file in among the music files. Presumably, Roon picked it up from there with the new title.

So, I solved the specific problem by cheating the system; but I’ll have to test a trashy disc sometime and see if I can make Roon accept the album after the delete and re-rip by using Roon’s functions, based on your advice.
Thank you!

1 Like