Denon AVR-X1700H DAB - 'Roon Tested' not showing

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC - NUC10i7FN

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus Router with NUC connected via Ethernet
Denon Amp is also wired to Router

Connected Audio Devices

The Denon amp appears in the Settings/Audio list, but only appears as an Airplay device, not as a Roon Tested device.

Number of Tracks in Library

18,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve just purchased this amp which is listed as being Roon Tested on the box, but it isn’t showing as being Roon Tested in the Roon app. Interestingly, this amp isn’t listed as being Roon Tested on the Roon site, although the almost identical non-DAB version (Denon AVR-X1700H) is listed as Roon tested.
Is it possible to get this amp flagged as Roon Tested in the Roon software since it should work in an identical way to the non-Dab version of the amp?
Steve

You misinterpreted Roon Tested. It means AirPlay in this case. No Denon AVR is Roon Ready.

AJ

Hello and welcome to the community.

I have a Denon 8500H that has been used with Roon from day 1. It was always listed as an Airplay device. And it is still listed as an Airplay device in the Roon Tested section

Not sure why it is not showing up as Roon Tested but it doesn’t make any difference at all in the functionality.

I don’t use the airplay setup. I use HDMI from NUC to the receiver for multi-channel and hi res playback.

As @WiWavelength points out, Roon Tested and Roon Ready are different certification.

Roon Ready means the Roon firmware integrated into the device; these are network-capable DACs, amps, and streamers. In contrast, Roon Tested refers to DACs; this means the DAC has been tested to work with Roon.

Your amp is listed as Roon Tested only.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.