DEQX HDP5 gives error "Transport: Failed to open the device" [Resolved - USB type A to type B cable between the USB input card at the back of the DEQx and the bank of USB inputs under the power supply]

Steven

I contacted them over a week ago before contacting Roon. No response so far. I guess they are on holiday.

Yes, they probably are…

However I suggest you contact them again and reference this thread.

All the best.

Steven.

Hi Henry,

I, just last week, had Roon enabled on my HDP-5. I am having the very same problem you first brought to light (TRANSPORT FAILED TO OPEN THE AUDIO DEVICE). And, yes, the track’s metadata is dsiplayed on the HDP-5’s display.

I have been through all the posts related to this topic.

May I ask: did you find a solution to the problem?

No, I never heard back from Roon or DEQX.

John
If you manage to find out anything, please let me know. I hope you have more luck!

Hey guys,

This is a continuation of a thread that’s about 8 months old – let’s flag @support to see if there’s any news on this.

All ----- Just to offer an update here. The DEQX HDP5 has been tested and is certified as Roon Ready :sunglasses: :microscope:

Happy listening!
-Eric

Thanks for flagging us down @RBM

Thanks Eric
Unfortunately I still see the same error message. Please can you tell me which
version of the DEQX software you are running. I am running version 0.25.10

1 Like

Hi @Henry_Mancini ----- Thank you for touching base and clarifying that for me, apologies for any confusion on my part.

Can you please confirm how the DEQX HDP5 is being accessed from the application, via USB or as a Roon redy device (i.e your network)?

-Eric

Hi Hdnry,

Thanks for your reply.

I was in contact with Alan (DEQX) ladt

Hi Henry,

Sorry for the partial response.

I spoke with Alan (DEQX) one week ago. This is what Alan wrote regarding your post of December, 2016:

“As the product was uncertified by Roon answers to the requests were not answered as they should not have been asked by our beta testers. Anyway, that post was related to the old 25.03 version of the software.” This would explain why you heard nothing back from Roon.

That having been said, Alan sent me screenshots of how his own HDP-5 is set up. Everything was identical to my settings. Still, my problem persists. Alan then suspected a network problem but that suspicion was washed away when I conected the core and the HDP-5, both via Ethernet , directly to the router.

All of this has led Alan to turn his attentions to my HDP-5. Waiting to hear back.

Thanks for your help.

John

1 Like

Eric
I connect to the DEQX via network.

A post was split to a new topic: Sonos Connect gives “Transport: Failed to open the device”

@Bossdawg ----- Thank you for the insight and sharing this with us! Please due keep me posted on what the resolve ends up being.

-Eric

Hi @Henry_Mancini ----- Based on the insight provided in John’s post, if you haven’t already, would please try mounting your Roon core and the HDP5 directly to your router and verify if this triggers a change in behavior.

Looking forward to your feedback!
-Eric

I do not believe the problem resides with Roon. Were it a Roon problem, the entire DEQX HDP-5 platform would behave the same way. It does not.

Obviously, DEQX’s own in house HDP-5s work. Mine does not.

HERE ARE THE HDP-5 SETTINGS REQUIRED TO STEAM ROON CONTENT. This was given to me by Alan (DEQX).

1.) Ethernet cable connected to the HDP-5.
2.) HDP-5 display firmware is v26.04.
3.) HDP-5 firmware is x201.57.13.
4.) The HDP-5 control USB cable in NOT connected to the HDP-5.
5.( The HDP-5 is selected as the active zone.
6.) In DEVICE SET UP / PLAYBACK,
a.) Maximun Sample Rate set at 192 KHz.
b.) Maximum bits per sample 24.
c.) Channel Layout 2.0.
d.) Multi Channel Mixing Strategy: Downmix as required.
7.) Switch the HDP-5 OFF at the rear panel. Wait 60 seconds.
power back ON. Wait for the display to settle.
8.) Open Roon. Select your Zone (HDP-5).
9.) Select your music. Select PLAY.

This is supposed to work and it’s supposed to be rock solid (“unbreakable”) is the term DEQX used. Still… Roon cannot “open the audio device.”

I have tried connecting both the core and the HDP-5, via Ethernet, directly to the router. Still no luck. Hence DEQX turning their attentions to my HDP-5.

1 Like

I should correct a typo. The HDP-5 firmware version is v201.57.13. Not “x.”

Many thanks John. I do not think it is just your HDP 5. I have followed all of the instructions you set out and have the latest versions of software installed but I still receive the same error message. So maybe my HDP5 has the same problem as yours.

Just to let everyone know that Roon now works perfectly on my DEQx.

Alan Langford at DEQx asked me to connect a USB type A to type B cable between the USB input card at the back of the DEQx and the bank of USB inputs under the power supply.

So it was a hardware issue.

1 Like