Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin

I had several DSO-Berlin albums with distinct DSO-Berlin links. These seem to have disappeared and been replaced with a Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra equivalent. I don’t believe these are equivalents.

I have been noticing a few other similar examples recently and just dismissed them as my memory playing tricks but I am pretty sure about this example. @support is there a reason for equivalents matching going on in background like this? I was really surprised.

Roon gets help from allmusic, it seems:

The history and aka according to Allmusic seem to wrongly include the older AND other Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester so mishmash follows.

Wikipedia thinks different about the Names, as can be seen here:

Allmusic has a (double) match for this, btw:

And the official entry:

Unluckily, now things horribly mix with the “real” Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester

https://www.rsb-online.de/cds-und-dvds/

Especially the latter link might help to clean up the discography which got messed up at allmusic too.

Now if I could get this fixed in my collection by hand I’d be happy to do so. Somehow I cannot get rid of one of the mis-matched associations. :thinking:

And I somehow feel this one will take a while to get sorted.

Good detective work. I was aware of a few of the mash-ups but not all.

What worries me is that I am pretty sure I had made the DSO-Berlin distinct from the BRSO. Spent quite a bit of time on it. Now as far as I can see roon is completely unaware of DSO-Berlin. There is no link at all. There was before. But now I have had to create a DSO-Berlin artist. But of course it is an empty link.

I am noticing a few global meta-data changes recently with other artists/composers. It’s almost as if there has been a major meta-data upgrade in background. At first I just thought it was just my memory playing tricks. But there are too many changers. So far I am only noticing the bad ones.

In this case, it may have been an update at allmusic that just got propagated as every update does but had more (bad) consequences.

I had to set my Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester to a local value, were fewer albums to change.

As for other behind-my-back (or screen) updates: I’m not sure if things happened. There are updates going on, that we all got told, but usually changes made locally should persist. :thinking: