Devialet AIR / Roon no longer working with CI board (fixed)

Using the very latest MacOs (Highsiera) on Macbook Pro - Devialet AIR 3.0.4 also shows Air-ETH and settings:
Ehternoet connection: 10/100 Mbps
IP Adress: 192.168.0.15

But when I click on Devialet AIR Icon on the top bar - the entry is grey / disable - so not able to activate.

So I also no longer can play it via Roon - although it is found as a networked device!
When I try to play it says: “Transport: Roon lost control of the audio device because the input was switched”

Any help is much appreciated.
@support

Either use the Devialet Air driver or use Roon’s internal Devialet implementation. Not both.

If you want to use Roon’s implementation, completely uninstall the Devialet Air Driver and reboot. If you want to use Devialet Air remove the devair endpoint you have defined. Reboot and re-enable the Devialet Air driver.

Probably wouldn’t hurt to recycle the Devialet as well when doing the above mentioned computer reboots.

What is strange, when using Roon via iPad app (roon core in on a NAS) I get the same error “transport: roon lost control”

Roon remote on the iPad controls the core. Not strange at all with your current configuration.

Remove all air configured devices in Roon. Remove the Air driver from all computers that have it installed. Reboot the computers that had Air installed. Reboot the core server. Reboot the devialet.

Reconfigure Roon using their devialet air implementation. At that point if it still doesn’t work @support will have to help.

Did everything still not working :frowning:

Could it be a problem that there are two networked devices found with the same IP?

That’s definately weird and a clue for @support.

The AIR implementation on the new module (which you appear to be running) still has a few kinks. We are working with them on this actively.

Currently there are a few open bugs still in the firmware that Devialet is working on. Nothing is (at the moment) open on our end. I think you will just have to wait for them to fix it. Welcome to the bleeding edge :slight_smile:

is this board out yet? if not, we should hide this topic and stop talking about it publicly.

The boards startet to ship publicly - so to use Roon Air it’s also needed to have the appropriate version of Roon running. Any timeline?

So obviously Devialet fixed remaining bugs on their side - who is in charge now to make Roon AIR work now for users?

The fix needed on our side is already rolled out to everyone. I’m aware of a couple open issues in the firmware still, but that’s it. I do not know when those will be addressed—that Is up to Devialet. My understanding is that they are still working on it.

Oh I see! That is as many expect one of the most important features of the new CI board as well ( especially as it has been working for users already before)
So let me emphasize that at Devialet to make it at least asap available in their beta version.

I have been following this thread with a great deal of interest (and a little concern!) given that my D 1000pro is currently with Devialet for the CI Board upgrade.

Before going off for upgrade, my Amp was working perfectly (and sounding great), using Roon on an Intel NUC, running ROCK, as my main source, and to think that it will/could come back effectively useless fills me with horror and dismay! I hope that when my Amp is returned - probably by end of this week, or beginning of next, that this issue will have been resolved, and that a proper version of firmware will be in place to allow the use of Roon/AIR! My fingers are well and truly crossed for a proper solution to this “glitch”, but I do not hold out much hope given Devialet’s previous history with software production and AIR.

There is a very simple fix when it doesn’t work after the software update - just unplug the power cord :smiley: