Devialet Air seek broken since 931 [Solved: Update to Build 952]

Hi @fver, @DanielAvasilichioaei, @Arnaud, @Kevin_Hughes, @phantomtides:

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention! We’ve implemented a workaround for your accounts which will resolve this problem for you. In order for the change to take effect, please restart your Roon Core twice.

If using a RoonServer/computer, close and reopen Roon twice. If using the Nucleus or ROCK Web Interface, use the “Restart Roon Server Software” function twice. It’s critical to perform the restart twice in order for the change to be applied. The first restart reads the new setting from our servers; the second restart applies it to the Core.

Once that’s done, the Devialet devices should function as they did in the past.

If any other users are experiencing this problem with a Devialet device, please respond in this thread, and we’ll apply the same workaround. Our team is working on a permanent fix, but we want to be sure everyone’s setup stays functional in the meantime.

8 Likes

It works. Only given it a very quick test but all good so far. Thanks for sorting it quickly.

3 Likes

works over, here. magically - no updates needed?

3 Likes

Thank you so much :gift_heart:
It works also for me :+1:t2:

2 Likes

May it be written and may it be recorded.

I did NOT do the double-restart, and it appears to be working properly for me anyway. (I have no idea either.)

Thanks to Connor and the Roon team. I think.

You are all the hundredth monkey.

Thank you, it works for me too.

Off topic:
Notes: These are older observations and are not related to the bug fix provided. I don’t know if they are specific to my system or if they are general.

1. AIR consumes slightly less (insignificant) network traffic than RAAT.
    Instead, AIR consumes significantly more processor resources. Here is a test with streaming from Qobuz, track 96/24 in lossless mode.

RAAT

AIR

1. If both protocols are active and the “Transfer Zone” is used several times in succession, then at some point something strange happens with the RAAT protocol (and only this one): the sound changes completely and no longer corresponds to the real music. The closest description I can find: it is something similar to applying the “3D Spatial” effect that is available in some amplifiers / audio software.

Roon does all the work on the server converting flac to pcm, which means more network bandwidth but less processing at the end point.

I understand that conversion to PCM is made in Roon Core with Devialet AIR protocol, but not with RAAT protocol, right?
This may explain the difference in CPU usage.
I thought both protocols send music to Devialet in PCM format. See section Core / Managing playback to audio outputs, here:

Its converted in raat.

Ok, so FLAC to PCM conversion is not explaining the difference in CPU usage between RAAT and Devialet AIR. There must be something else requiring more CPU usage…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you for the quick help. I tried this Solution (See Below) . But it doesn’t work.
Please help !

@Volker_Hase, we need to manually change a setting on your account for this workaround to go into effect. I’ve made that change so please try restarting your core again.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC I3 with
Roon version 1.8 (build 936) and
RoonOS version 1.0 (build 227)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon Rock wired via Ethernet and a switch TPLink SG108
iPad connected via the WLAN

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet D200, via wired ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

About 10,000

Description of Issue

When I (using an iPad) advance the play progress slider (I mean the small white circle in the bottom of the window) Roon stops playing. Apparently Roon is not dead, for example it still responds to clicking on the progress bar. But it does not start playing again. The only workaround I found is to switch Roon off and on. The issue occurs both playing from the library and from Qobuz.

With the PC application all works fine.

What is going wrong?

Hi @HRA,

We’ve manually changed a setting on your account as a workaround in the meantime. Please try restarting your Core twice in order for this change to take effect, and reach out if you encounter any issues afterwards.

Hello, same problem here with Devialet D200…

1 Like

Hi @Milenko_Tulencic,

Thank you for letting us know. We’ve made a manual setting change to your account as a workaround in the meantime. Please reboot your Core machine twice for the change to fully implement, and reply on this thread if the issue persists afterwards.

Hi Team,

I accidentally skipped / fast forwarded a track when listening and it stopped playing. I couldn’t start playback on the current track or any others selected.

I rebooted my Roon Nucleus and playback resumed. However I’ve since noticed that this issue is prevalent all of the time. It happens to Tidal and locally stored tracks.

I use a Devialet amp connected via Ethernet as an endpoint. It’s worked flawlessly for last 2 years and aside from routine Roon software updates, nothing has changed.

Can you please advise what the issue may be?

Many thanks.

Jason.

Hi @Jason_Shipley,

I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

We’ve made a manual setting change to your account which should relieve the connectivity issue while we work out a permanent solution. Please reboot your Core machine twice for the change to fully implement, and let us know if you experience continued problems.