Devialet AIR streaming released!

When I saw the update available last night, I immediately downloaded it. I thought I knew what to expect but, truthfully, I was blown away. Roon + Devialet = match made in audio heaven! If this doesn’t sell more of both, I can’t imagine what will.

Let me just say - I first jumped into Roon from LMS land when Roon announced support for Squeezeboxes. You guys have been exceeding my expectations ever since and this just set a new high-water mark. Just awesome! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is a great step indeed!

I am playing with it since this morning and like it very much…

One issue did arise however: after an hour or so streaming DSD64 content fine on my D250 Pro, roon switching to a 24 bit 96 khz flac when the radio kicks in and after a few seconds stops playing, at least in my case… I am using ethernet (wifi is disabled).

Thank you very much for this. Just been using it this morning and am enjoying it very much.
Things like that make happy customers and happy customers renew their subs… or maybe even go lifetime.

Social Network (Twitter/Facebook) share features still seem to be down?

1 Like

Well done to all concerned. Very impressive!

This did start me thinking though… Roon and Devialet are now beautifully integrated, which is excellent. Looking at Roon another way, Roon and HQPlayer are also beautifully integrated, which is excellent. However, obviously Roon, HQPlayer and Devialet are not integrated due to the differences between RAAT and NAA protocols. Thinking this through, I can only conclude that to include HQPlayer in this mix would be something for Signalyst, not Roon. Further thinking it through, I can’t see it would work in practical terms anyway. Anyway, this is me just thinking out loud. Don’t think for one moment that I am just some grumpy sod who gets one new toy from Roon and then starts asking for the next thing, I know this is how this might sound, but it is not the case, I am genuinely very impressed with Roon / AIR integration, a fine piece of collaborative work. The other fluff in this post is my own curiosity getting the better of me, although I would be interested if anyone thinks it could be done. For now, I would not even dare consider it a feature request, because I suspect it can’t be done.

Good work guys! Well done!

Absolutely faultless integration, less than a minute to set up and sounding great, all the Roon guys deserve a massive thank you and Devialet too.
To my ears the sound is better, tamed the top end on my system, very happy. The progress and developments in the last 2 years with Roon have been fantastic

I added a small feature request relating to volume control, and more specifically setting a limit.

As I say in the request it’s not to detract from this amazing feature, but I do feel it’s important before someone blows their speakers or their hearing…

2 Likes

I agree with you, I wouldn’t want anyone else on my network using Roon to inadvertently damage my speakers

Excellent work, integration surpassed my expectations! Devialet + Roon this way now makes for an easy recommendation to others. Who knows a Phantom integration is also possible some day, which I’m sure is benificial for all parties.

1 Like

Great news. Well done, Enno & co. Looking forward to trying w my Expert 400.

Fantastic news! Sadly I’m going to be in a different country to my main Devialet rig for a while, but I’m sure this will be up to the development standards we’ve come to expect!

This is not only a great technical achievement, but obviously one of diplomacy & negotiation.

I’d actually given up on Air after still getting the occasional dropout streaming from my old MacMini Roon core, looking forward to giving this a spin next time I’m back in the UK with my new Rock setup.

1 Like

I know what you mean - for probably about a year or so I kept thinking I could hear crackles in playback - very unsettling especially since I listen to electronic music with deliberate crackles. I thought I might need counselling at one point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, I think you’ll be safe here. Haven’t experienced anything yet and don’t expect to. But even if anyone did, I’m confident Roon would fix it pronto - that’s the big difference.

The nice people at Devialet stand to make great strides in customer satisfaction if they keep the even nicer people at Roon close at hand. IMO we have opposite ends of the spectrum represented by the two companies, when it comes to customer engagement and customer support.

Much as a big part of me wanted to spring for the Pro upgrade last year, my confidence in Devialet was just too weak to reward them with even more of my hard earned money. Any time I started to falter, I just had to glance at the seething frustration on the Devialet Chat forum.

1 Like

Danny

I agree about taming the top end. I have a 1000Pro and always thought it was just a bit too ‘clean’ in the top, but with this new update from Roon that seems to have gone (only got a chance to listen to my music for 1/2 hour last night, but even that seemed enough to convince me).

Only issue I have is that some times there seems to be a small amount of crackle in the background music. Only intermittent, and on occasions not sure if I’m just hearing things, but do think there is some intermittent crackling there.

Well done Roon guys what a fantastic bonus for us Expert owners (also thanks to Devialet who did eventually come to the party). Very happy lifetime Roon’er here :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Well done, Roon! This is what many of us Devialet owners have been waiting for. A means of streaming with no driver intermediaries with a functional and attractive interface. Thank you!

You’ve done a fantastic job. Love it.

Fantastic effort guys! Faultless installation and setup, and now, finally, my Original d’Atelier and Roon feel as if they are part of the same family. My lifetime sub 2 years ago was the best value I ever got from this hobby! Thanks a million.

1 Like

Dear Roon team,

You guys are just awesome. You just gave me a feature worth Christmas, Easter, and birthday presents for the next decades.

Just tested it with Ethernet connection and it worked flawlessly out of the box.

Also, it renders my current workaround solution obsolete as I was using a combination of Tasker, an IP to Serial device (100€) and some code just to automatically run the amp and roon automatically instead of starting different apps.

Just undescribably awesome what you did here for us Devialet expert owners.

Thanks again

Think the whole Devialet Community will embrace the Roon software and appreciate its features and convenience.

1 Like

I installed the update, and afterwards I found out that the Devialet now could be driven directly by Roon.

It is working great !!!. I allways used an MC200 as an endpoint, but this is sounding much better.

Thanks I hope it keeps on working, I read on the forum that there can be problems, but so far I noticed none.

Thanks again, Roon is really great software !!!

Wow!! Thanks guys - this integration is fantastic, was blown away with this update - the volume control, nice touch. Keep up the great work guys - I am always so impressed what you guys do in the R&D dept with limited resources and keep Roon at the forefront in terms of audio integration with so many third parties in terms of hardware out there! Again excellent work from the team at Roon.