Devialet AIR woes (was TIDAL issues, but turned out to be Devialet AIR)

Due to the above Tidal problem with build 30, I’ve decided to change my Mac (Core) to go back to build 29 again. And once more, Tidal plays well. Been playing 5 songs in a row non stop (radio mode) and no issue, no stopping, no hesitation, etc.

Hi @hk6230 – we were planning to spend some time investigating this today, but I looked and I still don’t see your logs on our server. Can you confirm you sent them? Or upload them somewhere and PM me a link?

Also, can you confirm how you’re streaming Tidal? Is it via a VPN?

Sorry – will post this in another thread. Problem seems to have gone away after another restart. Just takes a while to load the library.

Hi Mike,

I will try uploading again. I dragged and dropped the file to the box and nothing happens. I thought it is uploaded. I’m streaming Tidal for sure and no VPN.

Hi Mike,

It’s done. I have to use VPN to upload the files. But, this time I only managed to upload the Build 30 for both Mac and Win logs. I tried re-installing build 30 for Mac to retest again. But, it has become very unstable and crashed very often.

After yesterday updated to Build 30 on my Mac mini, Tidal wasn’t working well. So, tried downgrading again to Build 29, but good things ended. Tidal now hesitates. What I did before downgrading to Build 29 was:

1. rm -rf /Users/my username/Library/Roon
  2. Re-install Roon.dmg (build 29)
  3. Stop auto-update in About Roon
  4. Add back all library folders

Today, as I was experiencing lots of hesitation while playing Tidal, I tried updating my Mac Mini (core) to Build 30 one more time. Out of the blue, Tidal runs well again. But on Remote I still get an error message stating “Error Loading Page, Please check your network connection. Reload Page”.

After awhile, the Remote display is no longer in sync with the songs being played. Clicking the reload, Roon refreshes and all music stopped. Playing a Tidal playlist again and it started hesitating again. After fast forwarded two songs, the display on Remote out-of-sync with the song currently playing (in fact on Remote, the music bar stop moving) but song still playing in background. When Roon stops playing again, and it won’t even play when I click Forward button, I decided to stop Roon. After Roon restarted, I noticed the music bar is swiping left and right, and even when I click on the Pause button, it won’t pause.

Restarted Roon again, wait for everything to display properly on Overview screen. Then, select another Tidal Playlist and Play Now. Using Devialet AIR output, hesitation (start-stop) appears. Restarted AIR, plays well again. Changed to Devialet USB output, again plays smoothly but sometime stuck at end of one song. Forward to next song, music plays again. Sometime, it will also stuck halfway, as though loading, and then continue. I have also encountered “Tidal_account_error” message, music bar swiping left and right non-stop. Jump Forward and/or Previous, it plays again. So, maybe this is Tidal account verification and audio output selection issues.

Okay, I think I may have found the culprit that cause my problem: it’s Devialet AIR. Since yesterday, I have been using Mac Mini’s (Core) USB connection to my Devialet 200 and Roon+Tidal streaming is running fine. It may still occasionally stop halfway but it does continue after awhile of loading (I presumed). And this is very rare. When I changed back to AIR (even on Core), it hesitates/stutters and not working well again.

I still may encountered Tidal_account_error at times. I’m not sure my case is unique and is it coincidence that by using USB, my problem is rectified. In any case, I’m having a great time now, with a few and rare hiccups, which I can bear with.