Devialet Pro 440 CI no Roon Core to be found

Devialet Pro 440 with Infinity Core
Netgear Router R6400
Synology DS713+ NAS

Unfortunately the Roon App is unable to find the Roon Core on my Devialet (latest Dos 2.2.4 and SW 13.1.3 are installed). The devices are connected via Ethernet. The latest Firmware is installed on the router as well as on the NAS. It makes no difference whether I use the App on my Android phone or on my iPad. Filling in the correct IP address of my Devilalet did’nt help. I even tried a different Router.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Rüdiger Nachtweh

Hi @Rudiger_Nachtweh,

Can you confirm what device you are using as your Roon Core? Do you have RoonServer installed on the Synology?

Are they connected via Ethernet directly to the router or are there any other switches or other networking hardware involved?

Hi Dylan Caudill,

this could be a misunderstanding on my part. I supposed the Roon Ready feature switched on when using my Devialet replaces the usual functionality gained by the familiar Roon Core on a PC or NAS. At least Devialet support did’nt make me belive anything else when I reported the issue first.

On the other hand: the is no switch or any other hardware involved.

Devialet is a roon ready endpoint not a core.

Hi Jeff,

thanks for confirming my error on this issue. Perhaps I shall replace my NAS in the future because the current model hasn’t got quite the performance to deal with a Roon core.

Hi @Rudiger_Nachtweh,

As Jeff mentioned, the Devialet DAC you have is just an endpoint and not a Roon Core, even though it has “Infinity Core”, this refers to the CPU being used and not to any Roon aspect. Roon’s Architecture may be a bit different than what you’re use to, and it requires a Core -> Endpoint model instead of just an App.

You can use your Synology to host the Roon Core, but be warned that as you mentioned the NAS is a bit under spec’d and you will likely have some performance issues if you stick with that.

As for the Roon Core side of things, if you want you can use an existing computer that you have to host the Roon core as long as it meets our Minimum Requirements. If you’re looking for something that can run as a standalone appliance and is always on, we have a few fantastic options such as Nucleus if you’d like a turn-key solution made by us, ROCK if you’re willing to get a little hands on and have DIY experience, or you can also purchase a Roon Core from one of our many partners.

With all that said, you will need a Roon Core to host the library and manage the connection to the Devialet, simply trying to use the Roon App to connect to it and stream will not be possible without the Core.

I hope I have given you some information here as to where you should look at next, and if you have any other questions, please take a look at our Knowledge Base or if you can’t find what you’re looking for there, you can always ask us here.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.