Devialet stream to multiple experts

When I am streaming to one of my experts and then try to start streaming to the other I get the message ‘Transport: Device in Use’. Testing proved I can only stream to one expert at a time.

Hi @frankg ---- Thank you for the feedback and sharing this observation you’ve made. The insight is very appreciated.

Moving forward, we are going to be coordinating with Devialet to do some additional testing here, since neither side caught this during our testing over the last few months.

With the above in mind may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following:

1. During your troubleshooting have you (by chance) tried streaming to the two devices from two different computers? If so, what were the results like?

2. Please reproduce the issue, note the time when the observation is made, and then using the instructions found here dump us a set of logs.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Here is the log file dropbox. The testing was done immediately before zipping the files. Should be after this line, “07/17 21:26:51 Trace: [transport/raatserver] [D_evialet AIR] lost client connection. Retrying”. That is when I stopped the Devialet Air virtual sound driver.

I was thinking about your idea of streaming to the two devices from two different computers and it seems to me the only way to stop the core from seeing the two amps would be to have one on a different ethernet subnet. Then I would need a computer running Roon with two network connections and have Roon perform routing between the subnets. I’m not sure that would work. I do have the ability to set that up and test it if you would like.

Cheers,
Frank

Hi @frankg ---- Thank you for the follow up and the diligence, both are very appreciated!

Confirming that the logs have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team. Once my report has been updated and passed back I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts/findings with you.

Lastly, in terms of the proposed test, for now, let’s hold off and see what the team comes up with after the first round of log analysis. If further testing is needed I will let you know asap :wink:

-Eric