Devialet: Transport: Device in Use

I just have the Transport in Use error after about an hour (or less) of Roon. Using 2.2, but had the same problems before. I will try the factory restart, although I did that before and nada. Thanks!

Have you tried Airplay as I believe thatā€™s supported in beta? If so what does it sound like?

Iā€™m not allowed to say anything about the Beta! But you can form an opinion from the fact that I want AIR to work.

Was told by customer support regarding my other issue, is it any goodā€¦ guess notā€¦

I am running the beta software on my D1000 pro with CI Board installed, and could use Roon/AIR (except that it will not play consecutive tracks if they are of differing resolution). But today, for some unknown reason, I got the ā€œTransport in useā€ message. It was working fine when I turned my system off last night, but this morning it is ā€œbrokenā€:slightly_frowning_face:. I am now totally confused as to which is the latest Devialet software version - I am not actually sure that Devialet have a clue as to what they are doingā€‹:rage:.

David, I am as confused as you. Air over wifi never worked for me as it kept dropping out. Post the CI upgrade, for the first time Air over wifi worked and was stable. Today i keep on getting Device in Use and no matter what sequence of powering up the D220 and Roon i try, I just cannot get a single note to come out of my speakers due to Device in Use.

Are you using the latest Beta10 release ?

Just an update. Went from the beta 4 to Version: 2.1.0 + Firmware 12.1.2 and all worked fine - except for the 176.4 which seems to be a known bug! Day before Yesterday I received my beta tester e-mail. Yesterday morning I download beta 10, but before I installed it I powered up my system and received the ā€œTransport in use messageā€ again :tired_face:. Can not understand this as everything was working fine when I switched off last night.

Anyway I have now installed the beta10 - would you believe it, it all worked fine on all inputs, including Roon/AIR, very bizarre!! I am going to spend today testing all inputs more thoroughy and will then feedback to Devialet.

As a ps, I am running Ethernet, and not Wi Fi, as I find it more stable.

Hi Zappyroon. No iā€™m running firmware 12.1.2 which is the latest that is available on the Devialet website.

David, I assume I have to register as a ā€œtest pilotā€ to get my hands on the beta 10 software?

Registered as a ā€œkamikaze pilotā€ and waiting for the email link to the download location.

Edit - installed beta 10. Still get the same transport:device in use message. Iā€™ve been at it for 4 hours already today. Have not managed to get a single note playing yet.

Just a thought, sometime ā€œresettingā€ the Devialet works - just unplug it from the power source then replug it back in. This has worked for me on occasion. Not sure what music source you are using to feed your Dev?

Unplug the power cord wait 5 seconds plug it back in.

Does anyone know if thereā€™s progress on this? Itā€™s absolutely maddening. I donā€™t want to have to unplug and restart my stereo every ten minutes.

Are you using the latest beta10? I havenā€™t got this error for a while with it.

The latest beta also seems ok for me as well.

I havenā€™t tested it too thoroughly yet though so canā€™t be too sure.

Yes. Still have the problem. According to Devialet the Beta doesnā€™t address the Transport in Use error.

You are correct, this hasnā€™t been fixed yet.

I have got a confirmation from Devialet that they are currently working on a fix to this issue.

Did they say they were working feverishly ?

Donā€™t worry, they will fix this together with Roon.

Actually, Roon are saying nothing about the CI card - they are obviously waiting for Devialet to finish farting around, and release a version that is something like stable. Then I totally expect the Roon guys to work their normal magic to make it worthwhile, like they did with the original AIR. You could not find two companies with more different competencies when it comes to software.

2 Likes