Device "Pro-ject DAC Box S2+" not selectable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Quiet PC UltraNUC Pro 7 Fanless / ROCK Version 1.0 (build 174) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

not relevant

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pro-ject DAC Box S2+, dircet connect to ROON Core via USB

Rhe ROON Core does not identify my DAC it is listed as “unintentified device” in Device Setup. The Conmnection is named " DAC Box S2+ USB". When I try to manually identify the device, my DAC is not listed among the Pro-ject devices. Please check with Pro-ject to includ emy device.

Thanks, Martin

Hi @Matt_Martin,

We’re working with our partners to get device icons for all of our Roon Tested DACs into the app. I can’t speak to when we will have an icon for the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, but stay tuned as new icons are being added all the time.

Hi @dylan
Thanks for your response. If the “Device identification” is only about the icon, then I don’t really care. But if you are maintaining a list of acceptable parameter values for the device, this would be nice to have.
Also I don’t talk about the “pre box” but about the “dac box” which is slightly different (no MQA support, no DSD512)
Kind regards, Martin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.