Device volume doesn't work anymore MOON - ROON

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROON 1.8 (but same issue for a few days with 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Box Orange WIFI
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MOON 390

Description Of Issue

Variable volume from Device doesn’t work anymore. Even if flagged as “Use device control”, main screen shows “fixed volume”.
Thanks for your assistance

Hi @Pierre_Boll

Can you share some screenshots of device settings in Roon? Thanks!

Hi @dylan , sure!

Image 11-02-2021 à 09.14

Rather than start a new post i thought i’d add to this post, as i’m also having volume control issues.

Previously i could control the volume using ‘Device Volume’ setting. With this setting now, volume does not change whilst using the volume bar adjuster…as if its using fixed volume.(but not displayed)
My Roon Settings on Windows 10 laptop.
Meridian Explorer via USB to laptop.
Laptop is wired to network switch.
Sky Q router being used.

If i change to setting to ‘DSP Volume’ i am then able to adjust the volume in Roon but this does not allow MQA pass through.

Here are my included endpoints for reference.

Edit to note: MQA passthrough now seems to be working with ‘DSP Volume’ setting…but only at FULL volume…which is too loud for me.

Hi @Pierre_Boll

Can you confirm that the Moon is set to Variable Volume in its settings (not in Roon)? This is required for this to work properly.

Hi,

Sorry didn’t get you updated…

With off Switch on of the Moon … all set!

Don’t know …

But thank you !!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.