Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired Gigabit Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

ropieee (RAAT) to USB DAC to Receiver
Display to Nvidia Shield Pro (2019)

Number of Tracks in Library

44,000 tracks

Description of Issue

When I use my Nvidia Shield as a Display for Roon, everything displays fine until the screen saver of the Shield kicks in.

I have seen the standard reply to other threads about disabling the screen saver on the Shield/Chromecast, but to me that is not an acceptable solution as that is a system wide change and permanently disables the screen saver for the complete device and all it’s apps.

There is even dynamic info (time elapsed and the sound analysis progress bar) on the screen, I don’t know why Roon cannot keep the screen alive?

Any progress update from Roon’s side or a better solution than what has been suggested here on the forums appreciated.

Hey @foxmoon,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Thank you for providing the additional information here. I can confirm that this is a bug, and that our dev team is currently working on a fix. I can’t yet speak on a specific timeline for when a solution will be released, but I will certainly keep you in the loop as things progress :+1:

-Ben

No worries. Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it is in progress.

1 Like