Dietp and Roon Bridge keeps crashing and restarts

Hi @Dan_Knight and @support I have noticed that both of my dietpi systems running Roon bridge occasionlly seem to stop playing and drop off Roons audio device list and then pop back about 20-30 secs later. As one is hardwire this seems odd. Is there anything I can check to see what’s happening. Other endpoints are all ok.
Running core on gen 4 i3 and ROCK into Netgear R7000 that goes to Cisco switch and Ubiquiti wireless access point. One system running on raspberry pi is wireless the other is on Sparky for USBridge is hardwired into the switch.

Thanks for reaching out, @CrystalGipsy!

Just to verify, is this connected directly to the router, or to the switch? If it’s not connected directly to the router can you give that a try and let us know if there is any change?

Is this happening with media, or just certain types?

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to one of these zones?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hardwired goes to switch. I could miss out the switch but not for long as my lights won’t work :slight_smile: as Philips hue on the same switch.

Will post pics when I get time to play with the units.

Hi Simon,

When this occurs on a system, please send me a bugreport from the same device:

dietpi-bugreport

Please reply with your reference code (unique ID), once sent.

The bug report will contain all system logs and info, I can use to assist with debugging those systems and the issues you are experiencing.

Ok I will. Its a bit random so it might be a while.

@Dan_Knight it appears that the AlloUSBridge network keeps going down. Not sure if its dietpi or hardware related. But now it does not return it drops off completely. Tried it in 2 different switches and ot does te same. Lucky if it will now run longer than a min without dropping off.
dietpi bug report - 94df705b-f681-420c-b01b-3217e7eeb3db hopefull this may give me some idea if this is hardware or software related.

Ok also getting this from Roon Bridge when it just stops and network stays up.

Oct 02 23:07:19 Allo start.sh[2064]: ALSA lib pcm.c:8309:(snd_pcm_recover) canno
t recovery from underrun, prepare failed: Broken pipe
Oct 02 23:07:19 Allo start.sh[2064]: ALSA lib pcm.c:8309:(snd_pcm_recover) canno
Oct 02 23:07:19 Allo start.sh[2064]: ALSA lib pcm.c:8309:(snd_pcm_recover) cannot recovery from underrun, prepare failed: Broken pipe
Oct 02 23:07:19 Allo start.sh[2064]: ALSA lib pcm.c:8309:(snd_pcm_recover) cannot recovery from underrun, prepare failed: Broken pipe

viewing out put of machine via hdmi I can see a lot of alsa and usb errors on screen.

I also checked netstat which showed the CPU maxed out although its doing nothing. top shows mono hogging the cpu.

bug report raised again 94df705b-f681-420c-b01b-3217e7eeb3db

OK a full reflash of the non GUI version seems to have stabilized this.